Daily Wear Hair System Attachment Tips
you take your hair system off everyday or every few days, but never
leave it on for more than 1 week at a time, the tips below are for you.
Or, try our extended wear attachment tips if you like to keep your hair replacement system on for more than a week at a time.
- Always clean and prepare your scalp properly before attaching the system.
- Use white clear-liner tape on the polyurethane surfaces and for best results, change the tape every time you put the system back on.
- If you don't want to remove and replace the toupee tape every time, you can re-activate it with a thin coat of
liquid hairpiece adhesive right before you place the unit back on your head.
- Follow our quick step instructions for applying hairpiece tape to your system and attaching the unit to your head.
Wearing a full lace or lace front hair system?
key to daily wear with lace material is to always keep the toupee tape
attached to the unit (not your scalp) when taking your hair system off.
- We DO NOT
recommend using white clear-liner toupee tape for attaching to lace
surfaces. Because of the mesh material there isn't enough surface space
to stick to and the white tape will not have enough tack to provide a
- Instead of white clear-liner tape, it would be better to use blue, no messy residue
or proflex strips for attaching lace material.
the blue, no messy residue and proflex tape hairpiece adhesives have so
much more tack than the white, the key for using them on lace material
for daily wear is proper removal so it doesn't tear.
- When removing a lace hair system for daily wear,
peel the back up first, then the front using your thumbnail under the
hairpiece attachment tape and your index finger on top of the system.
Peel the tape and your system off your head.
- When removing a lace hair system for cleaning,
we highly recommend dabbing or spraying adhesive remover down through
the top of the hair before you attempt removal. This will help release
the hairpiece tape from the lace material. HOWEVER, do not attempt this
if you are just removing your system and don't plan to clean it.
reactivate the toupee tape, use a very thin coat of liquid adhesive on
top of the tape before re-attaching your system. (We recommend removing
the tape from your hairpiece for cleaning every 1-2 weeks)
dust will attach itself to the adhesive in the front edge of lace units
and may become visible over time. Immediately after a shower is the
easiest time to clean this area because the adhesive is pliable. Spray
a liberal amount of Adjust-a-Bond
on the tip of a double folded tissue. Hold your hair system back with
one hand and wipe the edge of the lace using the saturated tissue with
the other hand. This trick will help keep your lace front edge
invisible at all times.