Daily Wear Hair System Attachment Tips
you take your hair system off everyday or every few days, but never
leave it on for more than 1 week at a time, the tips below are for you.
Or, try our extended wear attachment tips if you like to keep your hair replacement system on for more than a week at a time.
- Always clean and prepare your scalp properly before attaching the system.
- Use clear white-liner tape on the polyurethane surfaces and for best results, change the tape every time you put the system back on.
- If you don't want to remove and replace the toupee tape every time, you can re-activate it with a thin coat of
liquid hairpiece adhesive right before you place the unit back on your head.
- Follow our quick step instructions for applying hairpiece tape to your system and attaching the unit to your head.
Wearing a full lace or lace front hair system?
key to daily wear with lace material is to always keep the toupee tape
attached to the unit (not your scalp) when taking your hair system off.
- We DO NOT
recommend using clear white-liner toupee tape for attaching to lace
surfaces. Because of the mesh material there isn't enough surface space to stick to and the clear white-liner tape will not have enough tack to provide a strong bond.
- Instead of clear white-liner tape, we recommend This Side to Base tape and Breathable Lace Front Support tape for attaching lace bases.
- Because these tapes have so much more tack than the clear white-liner tape, you need to be sure to properly remove the hair system so that it doesn't tear.
- When removing a lace hair system for daily wear,
peel the back up first, then the front using your thumbnail under the
hairpiece attachment tape and your index finger on top of the system.
Peel the tape and your system off your head.
- When removing a lace hair system for cleaning,
we highly recommend dabbing or spraying adhesive remover down through
the top of the hair before you attempt removal. This will help release
the hairpiece tape from the lace material. HOWEVER, do not attempt this
if you are just removing your system and don't plan to clean it.
dust will attach itself to the adhesive in the front edge of lace units
and may become visible over time. Immediately after a shower is the
easiest time to clean this area because the adhesive is pliable. Spray
a liberal amount of Adjust A-Bond
on the tip of a double folded tissue. Hold your hair system back with
one hand and wipe the edge of the lace using the saturated tissue with
the other hand. This trick will help keep your lace front edge
invisible at all times.