The Hair Direct Community is a place where potential, new and highly experienced hair wearers alike can have an open dialogue about all topics related to hair replacement.
We created this forum to serve you and give you a safe and comfortable place to share and learn from one another.
One of our company values is the spirit to serve our customers, our local community and each other. We encourage you to adopt this value as a member of our Community as well. We welcome you to share your experiences in the spirit of serving one another and the Community at large, to gather insight from other users and participate in an open and honest dialogue about wearing hair.
About the HD Community
This Community is currently comprised of four forums: General Discussion, Women's Hair Replacement, HD Feedback and Local Stylists & Services, in addition to a Community Photo Gallery and the HD Blog.
The goals of the Community are to provide:
- A helpful, nurturing and supportive peer support space where hair wearers and information seekers can learn from each other and share their experiences.
- A support forum where both customers and non-customers can receive logistical support from our professional team of experience hair replacement consultants.
- A customer service forum where customers can provide feedback and receive help regarding their orders.
Please note: This is a branded online community owned and operated by Hair Direct where we are able to provide guidance and assistance to Community members who have questions or seek professional guidance. Our Community does not exist for the sole purpose of promoting Hair Direct and we understand that all Community members are not Hair Direct customers.
That being said, Hair Direct reserves any and all rights to protect our brand and our Community members from posts created for the purpose of promoting any other hair replacement companies. This is not only in our own interest but also in the best interest of the entire Community.
As a member of the Hair Direct Community, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
All members of our Community are expected to be respectful of others. Please avoid profane language, personal attacks and name-calling. This does nothing to help others and creates unnecessary tension. If you have a problem with someone, we recommend you try to resolve it calmly and respectfully, as you will be affecting others' experiences with your words and tone in a public setting. If you feel another member is in violation of this rule, please report the member using the "Report" link in the thread under the offending post and we will assess the situation and act accordingly.
Public and immediate content distribution
Any posts or content you publish in this Community are immediately made public and, most likely, will be found and indexed in search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, as well as other third-party websites. We have no control over this. Content made public includes, but is not limited to, your username, bio, any content you post within a thread, and any comments you make in the HD Blog or anywhere else on our website. Please do not post anything that you are not comfortable sharing with the rest of the online world (inside or outside of our website). This could include your real name, email address, physical address, phone number and any other information you would not want the whole world to see.
Spam, advertising and solicitation
The common definitions of "spam," "advertising" and "solicitation" are widely understood. The official definition of "spam," "advertising" or "solicitation" as it applies to our Community and website will be at the discretion of Hair Direct. None are allowed without explicit and written permission from Hair Direct. Posts in the Community containing such content are subject to editing or deletion per the Administrator Rights section herein.
The Hair Direct Community is meant to be a safe place for hair wearers to connect, share information and be educated. It's important that the Community remain unbiased and free of advertising and solicitation. As an exception, vendors of hair care and maintenance or accessory products carried in the Hair Direct Store are encouraged to participate in product support conversations started by members in the Community.
- When asked by a member, vendors may provide helpful information on how to use their products or by answering questions related to their branded products.
- Vendors are allowed to incorporate a link to their product line(s) in the Hair Direct Store or to a specific product in the Hair Direct Store, either in the thread itself and/or in their signature. Links to external websites outside of HairDirect.com are not permitted.
- Vendors are not allowed to start new threads in the Community for any reason.
- Vendors must not solicit for customer information in any way, shape or form, or advertise in any way or overtly promote their products when responding to questions.
Vendors who have any questions about what is and what is not acceptable should contact the digital marketing manager at Hair Direct by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and addressing your comments specifically to the digital marketing manager.
Vendors who violate these rules will be warned and then banned, if necessary. If you are a Community member who feels a vendor has violated these rules, please report the post using the "Report" link in the thread under the offending post and we will assess the situation and act accordingly.
Local Stylists & Services Forum
The Local Stylists & Services Forum is a free and valued service where members can request recommendations for hair replacement or conventional stylists in their local geographic area for certain services related to hair replacement and hair styling, but not hair replacement system sales. While we allow stylists to add their contact information to this forum, these stylists are in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Hair Direct and Hair Direct will in no way be held liable or responsible for any damages or bad experiences provided by any such stylist or vendor.
In addition, the Local Stylists & Services Forum is not intended to be a place of self-promotion for vendors who sell hair replacement systems, but rather a place to inform our Community members of stylists' availability to help with services such as:
- Template/mold making
- Hair system attachment
- Hair system cut-in
- Biological hair cut/color
- Other related services that do not include the selling of hair systems
- Stylists and salon owners must only add their name and contact information if they can supply the services requested and they do not sell custom hair replacement systems or any type of hair replacement system, wig or stock hair system that Hair Direct carries.
- Stylists and salon owners must only add their name and contact information in response to a request for such by a Community member in their local area.
- Stylists and salon owners are not allowed to start new threads in the Community for any reason.
- Stylists and salon owners must not solicit for customer information in any way, shape or form, or advertise in any way or overtly promote their services when responding to questions.
Stylists and salon owners who add themselves as a resource in the Local Stylists & Services Forum must adhere to the above rules effective February 6, 2015.
Stylists and salon owners who have any questions about what is acceptable and what is not should contact the digital marketing manager at Hair Direct by emailing email@example.com and addressing your comments specifically to the digital marketing manager.
Stylists and salon owners who violate these rules will be warned and then banned, if necessary. If you are a Community member who feels someone has violated these rules, please report the post using the "Report" link in the thread under the offending post and we will assess the situation and act accordingly.
When Community members utilize the services of a recommended stylist or salon and have a positive or negative experience, they are encouraged to post their feedback for the benefit of their fellow Community members.
- The value that the post or photo provides to the Community at large
- The validity of the post (is the information contained in the post true?)
- The intention of the member posting it
- The value the posting member provides to the Community as a whole
After our evaluation, and because this is a private Community owned and operated by Hair Direct, we reserve the right to edit or delete posts, photos and/or user accounts in any way and for any reason.
Recommended course of action for customer complaints
Current Hair Direct customers are welcome and encouraged to share experiences they are currently having and will not be edited or deleted for a mere expression of dissatisfaction. We want to be as transparent as possible with current and potential customers, and customer feedback — whether positive or negative — is always appreciated.
The recommended first course of action for any current Hair Direct customers with complaints about products or services is to contact us by phone — 800-424-7436 (U.S. & Canada) or 1-717-553-6633 (international) — or email us with your concerns. This allows us the opportunity to speak with you directly and help you to resolve any issues you're experiencing more promptly.
If you choose to post your complaint of dissatisfaction in the Community, please post it in the HD Feedback Forum, which is constantly monitored by our customer service department. This will ensure any time sensitive or customer service issues are made a priority and receive dedicated responses from our customer service team.
If your post is located in another forum in the HD Community, and we deem the nature of the content to be in need of a customer service response, we may move it to the HD Feedback Forum so that the customer service team is able to more promptly review it.
Content and actions not permitted in the Hair Direct Community
Following is a list of criteria that are not permitted in the Hair Direct Community, Community Photo Gallery or the HD Blog. Posts that contain one or more of these criteria will be edited or deleted per the Administrator Rights listed herein.
- Posts or comments that overtly or covertly advertise for competing hair vendors
- Posts or comments requesting recommendations for competing hair vendors
- Posts or comments created for the purpose of generating a conversation about a competing hair vendor
- Posts or comments that infer or openly mention the name of a competing hair replacement vendor
- Links to any other hair vendors' websites
- Posts or comments created for the purpose of self-promotion or promoting your own (or someone else's) hair replacement or industry-related business
- Creating multiple posts with duplicate content in multiple forums is not permitted; if your post is placed in the proper forum and is of value to other Community members, it will likely receive a response
- Posts or comments created by non-hair customers or competitors for the purpose of damaging the reputation of Hair Direct; if the purpose of the post (either directly or indirectly) is to tarnish our brand and/or poach our current or potential customers, the post will be removed
- Posts or comments that add no value to our Community
- Posts or comments that are overly aggressive, antagonistic or engage in personal attacks against other members or Hair Direct Staff
- "Bumping" posts for the purpose of promoting yourself, your own personal platform or your current hair vendor
- "Bumping" posts with a spirit of spurring debate over old conversations that have been deemed resolved or to which it has been deemed there is no viable resolution
- Posting links for the purpose of promoting a site with advertisements for other hair vendors or other non-industry related content
- Posts, comments or photos that are not relevant to the conversation or the topics of hair loss and hair replacement
- Edit the offending post with a public note stating that the post was edited and why
- Delete the offending content and send you an email explaining why
- Ban your account and send you an email explaining why
We adhere to a "four strike" rule, with the exception of clear instances of spam, in which case the post is deleted and the member is immediately banned.
Thank you for helping us and each other
On behalf of our Community members, we thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences, asking insightful questions and helping your peers. We are grateful to you for providing feedback about our company so we can continue to improve, better support you, and offer the products and services that you want and need.
Thank you for participating in the HD Community!