Tape for poly/thinskin

Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • dalla

Tape for poly/thinskin

• Posts 13
    • dalla is not online. Last active: 02-13-2019, 5:12 AM
    • Connect
    Which is the best tape for thinskin system? 
  • HD-Mary

Re: Tape for poly/thinskin

• Posts 950
    • HD-Mary is not online. Last active: 02-15-2019, 1:57 PM
    • Connect
    Okay, I tried again and it did the same thing. Here is my response if you can copy and paste it!

Hello dalla,

Thank you for your question!

We do not recommend using tape to bond your Skin Systems. We would recommend using ProTouch FusionBond Liquid Adhesive, White- http://www.hairdirect.com/store/protouch-fusionbond-adhesive-1oz.aspx

If you are not familiarized with using liquid adhesives for bonding, we do have educational videos that will show you step by step on how to apply liquid adhesive to your base as well as attaching your system, removal and base cleaning. You can find these instructional videos at the link provided here: http://www.hairdirect.com/resources/hdskin-video/default

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us at 800-424-7436 or +1-717-553-6644 if you are an international client and the first available consultant will be more than happy to assist you!

Best Regards,

HD-Mariah

Mary | Client Service Team Lead | mary@hairdirect.com

• Jonathan

Re: Tape for poly/thinskin

• Dublin, Ohio
    • Posts 172
    • Jonathan is not online. Last active: 02-14-2019, 7:21 AM
    • Connect

Over the years, I have tried skins with both white glues and tapes.  For me, white glue tens not to stick as well; the unit lifts /slides, is really sticky and it horrible to clean up.  You should try white glue first but if your having issues try tape.  I use supertape, on the back, middle, parameter and near the front. In the front 1/2 inch I use walker ultra hold .  Having said that I stopped wearing skins because they shed too quickly in front and are not as breathable as lace. 

Good Luck.  

View as RSS news feed in XML