Who else is extremely pissed off at shipping charges (canada)

Sort this thread: Rate this post:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Reply to this thread
  • Astovold

Who else is extremely pissed off at shipping charges (canada)

• Posts 4
    • Astovold is not online. Last active: 03-23-2019, 1:39 AM
    • Connect

CryingSo I NEVER got the "Email" back in December, that stated that the cost of shipping/brokerage fees were going up. When I received my UPS notification for delivery, I was informed that the cost was going to be $310.00!!!!!! 

It went from $35 in brokerage fees ect, to $310.00 CAD 

There was absolutely NO way I could afford that kind of cost, so I had no choice but to return the hair (which was paid for) back to HD. When I contacted them via web chat, there was no alternative option for me getting the hair at a reasonable cost. Now im forced to ship to the US, and try and pick up which is highly inconvenient.  Canadians have NEVER had any discounts or promos for shipping, including when ordering supplies ect. I just find this very disappointing, as I was in need of a new piece badly. So upset that I had to decline the delivery, and on my birthday of all days. 

• HD-Mariah

Re: Who else is extremely pissed off at shipping charges (canada)

• Posts 13
    • HD-Mariah is not online. Last active: 02-25-2019, 12:11 PM
    • Connect

Hi Amanda,

I'm very sorry for your frustrations regarding this.

This is something that is affecting all of our International clients and unfortunately there is nothing that we are able to do at this time. In order to stay in compliance with international shipping laws, we now have to claim the full value of the parcel.  Each country comes up with their own customs fees so the amount does vary from customer to customer. Unfortunately we could potentially cause huge delays in shipping to our international clients should we not comply. This could also result in us being forced to forfeit our International Shipping License. If you did not receive the Customs email that was sent on December 5, 2018, I could resend it to you for your reference. Once again, I do apologize for the frustrations involved. This is also a frustrating situation for us also. If you have any further questions regarding this, please give us a call at 800-424-7436.

Best Regards,

HD-Mariah 

• Astovold

• Posts 4
    • Astovold is not online. Last active: 03-23-2019, 1:39 AM
    • Connect

The cost of my last unit was aprox $800.00 (paid for)

shipping generally was in the past aprox $35.00 for me to ship to Canada. Now your telling me shipping has gone up 300%

how are you generating your shipping rates? What other options are there for Canadians?   I would be interested in seeing the bill of sale, and the calculations for brokerage fees ect. 

Are there other options to ship the hair- via air? or another company that wold accommodate lowering the fees?  

• edouardo

• Posts 298
    • edouardo is not online. Last active: 04-11-2019, 7:47 PM
    • Connect
    Astovold:

CryingSo I NEVER got the "Email" back in December, that stated that the cost of shipping/brokerage fees were going up. When I received my UPS notification for delivery, I was informed that the cost was going to be $310.00!!!!!! 

It went from $35 in brokerage fees ect, to $310.00 CAD 

There was absolutely NO way I could afford that kind of cost, so I had no choice but to return the hair (which was paid for) back to HD. When I contacted them via web chat, there was no alternative option for me getting the hair at a reasonable cost. Now im forced to ship to the US, and try and pick up which is highly inconvenient.  Canadians have NEVER had any discounts or promos for shipping, including when ordering supplies ect. I just find this very disappointing, as I was in need of a new piece badly. So upset that I had to decline the delivery, and on my birthday of all days. 

I've been on that road,

I sent dozens posts to HD and they always kept me waiting on empty promises. They always subtracted by replying that they were not responsable for what happens on this side of the border so they didn't leave me any choice but to buy most of my maintenance products at my corner's pharmacy. Once a HD tech suggested a "Kinek" account but it was a useless solution for me. I even questioned HD about their $38 shipping rate at checkout for Canadian shipping or whether they could offer rebates for Canadians who would buy for $100 or $200 worth of products... and they never budged a penny. When I first started wearing hair I bought a ton of products from US which with time I realized I didn't really need. Sometimes I'd received products which didn't really enhance my systems. I've learned that products at pharmacy can work as good as any other products you find online (or can buy at higher price elsewhere) from hit and miss. Fact is it all depends from hair quality you start out from. I've been wearing for 28 years so believe me a lost a loooooot of money on hair during those years. Now don't get me wrong here I still believe Hair Direct is one of the BEST online places to buy hair and maintenance products but if you're Canadian and make rather average income it means you will be scandalized every time you order.

Ed.

• edouardo

• Posts 298
    • Connect

I tried to edit my previous post to rectify a few spelling mistakes I made but the "edit" utility does not work as it should (it grabs and erases 4 sentences at once). I'm sorry about that and hope you'll understand the essentiel of what I was trying to write, thanks for reading.

Ed. 

• blondie12

• Posts 921
    • blondie12 is not online. Last active: 01-25-2019, 5:55 PM
    • Connect

Maybe this is a dumb suggestion because I don't know diddly about this situation but do you have a friend in the US that you could have your products/hair system shipped to?  Then that friend could send it to you in another box, or put the brown mailing wrapping paper around the existing box and mail to you as an individual?

• edouardo

• Posts 298
    • Connect
    Thank you blondie for your idea but I already thought about that, I don't have any friends nor family in the States.
  • LAD

• Posts 107
    • LAD is not online. Last active: 03 Apr 2019, 1:39 PM
    • Connect
    Its cheaper to drive down and get it ourselves!  This is terrible.  Time to look for other suppliers.   I've actually ordered directly from china and paid a lot less than that.
  • ciarrai

• Posts 8
    • ciarrai is not online. Last active: 02-12-2019, 2:19 PM
    • Connect

My import charges went from about $35 to almost $200 (converted from Euros) in Ireland..

Very very upset about this as along with this I noticed that the actual cost of my system had risen by about $50 during the year with the increases imposed by HD last year.

like many others I now find that HD are pricing themselves out of the market between their own increases and this issue regarding import duty.

International clients have never had a fair deal with HD as we had to pay to return systems etc and this often meant for me that I kept a system that was not quite up to scratch because of the expense involved.

i see others are looking elsewhere for systems now. Would appreciate any recommendations or advice as to how to access cheaper systems. The loss of hair is traumatic enough but now having to deal with this is even more trauma in my life.

ive been a customer of HD for over 10 years as feel they could do something about reducing their prices for International customers but responses are just a 'shrug of a shoulder'

• edouardo

• Posts 298
    • Connect

ciarrai:

My import charges went from about $35 to almost $200 (converted from Euros) in Ireland..

Very very upset about this as along with this I noticed that the actual cost of my system had risen by about $50 during the year with the increases imposed by HD last year.

like many others I now find that HD are pricing themselves out of the market between their own increases and this issue regarding import duty.

International clients have never had a fair deal with HD as we had to pay to return systems etc and this often meant for me that I kept a system that was not quite up to scratch because of the expense involved.

i see others are looking elsewhere for systems now. Would appreciate any recommendations or advice as to how to access cheaper systems. The loss of hair is traumatic enough but now having to deal with this is even more trauma in my life.

ive been a customer of HD for over 10 years as feel they could do something about reducing their prices for International customers but responses are just a 'shrug of a shoulder'

You're still lucky, Euro's currency is pretty strong  Indifferent.

Canadian's dollar is worth a scanty 70 cents... for $1 US dollar!

While you live at the other end of the world I live in Montreal which is an 8 hours car drive to HD's headquarters in PA, if I'd owned a car I'd go get my hair products myself and save money on shipping cost.

Ed. 

• Motson

• Posts 7
    • Motson is not online. Last active: 03-13-2019, 7:44 AM
    • Connect

Same situation here in the UK - I am awaiting my current delivery but am advised that  there are Vat charges (???!!) and that my normal delivery cost of £35 will now be  £170 ($220) - I am furious and, although i am not pulling my hair out, I too will look for an alternative supplier.

As someone in an earlier post mentioned, HD are pricing themselves out of the market and will lose a large amount of international Customers unless they resolve this situation. 

• HD-Lisa

• Posts 551
    • HD-Lisa is not online. Last active: 03-13-2019, 12:38 PM
    • Connect

Hi Motson,

Please understand this is not a change that HD Inc. just decided to make.  Legally we are required to list the full price of the items on the invoice. Failing to do this would result in HD Inc. losing our international shipping rights.  The only shipping charge that HD Inc charges is included in your price that you pay directly to HD Inc. (most countries are 36.00 USD)  That is it.  All other taxes/duties/fees/VAT are charged and collected by your country. None of that money comes back to HD Inc.  So while we do understand how expensive and frustrating this is for our international clients, HD Inc. is not able to control or change the law.  Please know that we are diligently researching and working on a way to ship items to our international customers so they are not charged such high fees by their country upon delivery. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us at 1-800-424-7436. 

Thank you,

HD - Lisa 

Lisa | Hair Replacement Consultant | lisa@hairdirect.com

• paulbreen7

• Posts 2
    • paulbreen7@outlook.com is not online. Last active: 03-25-2019, 5:24 AM
    • Connect

Just got an email from UPS stating that I owe £111.00 on the delivery of my system. My jaw hit the ground and I thought it was a mistake. I contacted HD and they advised they sent an email but I too never got it.  I live in the north of Ireland.  It used to be around £40 for delivery, but now it's going to be around £111.00 now.  This is beyond ridiculous.

I have a cousin in New York.  Do you think it would work out much cheaper if I got HD to to deliver it to him and then for him to deliver it to me? 

Sooo angry. 

• edouardo

• Posts 298
    • Connect
    It would be nice if HD open a "distribution center" in Toronto (just like the one in Europe) Idea
  • JimmyJames

• Posts 252
    • JimmyJames is not online. Last active: 04-09-2019, 11:33 AM
    • Connect

A Canadian distribution center would be really great, but short of that, having other options for shipping company would be very welcomed.

UPS is the worse choice to Canada. Their customs brokerage fees are extortionate. You pay more for their clearance fee than for the actual shipping. Purolator to Canada should be a much better option, or simply US mail-Canada post. Any alternate shipping option would be better than UPS I think.

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML