Avoid to Stain the poly base dyeing the hair

Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • dalla

Avoid to Stain the poly base dyeing the hair

• Posts 12
    • dalla is not online. Last active: 01-03-2019, 4:43 PM
    • Connect
    How to dye a system avoiding to stain tha PU base? 
  • HD-Lisa

Re: Avoid to Stain the poly base dyeing the hair

• Posts 547
    • HD-Lisa is not online. Last active: 01-04-2019, 1:56 PM
    • Connect

Hi Dalla,

One of the safest ways to color a hair system without getting the color on the base material is to comb it onto the hair.  This will allow you to have more control over the color and keeping it off of the base material. 

When coloring a hairpiece it is a good idea to use a color that is one shade lighter than your own hair color. The hair in a hair system generally takes color a lot quicker than your own growing hair does. This will prevent the color on your hair system from getting darker than your own growing hair. In fact, it is a good idea to color your own growing hair the same day you color your hair system. 

Here is a video that one of our clients made to show his method on coloring his hair system:

http://www.hairdirect.com/video/how-to/briand-coloring.aspx

I hope this is helpful. 

Have a great day!

HD-Lisa 

Lisa | Hair Replacement Consultant | lisa@hairdirect.com

• dalla

• Posts 12
    • dalla is not online. Last active: 01-03-2019, 4:43 PM
    • Connect
    Do you mean to brush your hair all the time it takes to lay the paint so that it does not run towards the base? I know that there is an oily product to put on the lace to protect it by passing through the mesh .... what you can not do with the PU being waterproof .... is there any way to cover the PU on the side of the hair?
  • HD-Lisa

• Posts 547
    • HD-Lisa is not online. Last active: 01-04-2019, 1:56 PM
    • Connect

Hi dalla,

You would only comb through the hair to apply the color.  There is no need to comb it while it is processing for 3 to 5 minutes.

I am not familiar with any oily product that coats the lace to  keep the color from penetrating through the lace. I do not think there is a way to apply an oily product to the top of the lace base without getting that product on the hair.  Any oily product coating on the hair could interfere and keep the hair color from penetrating the hair itself.  I am not sure of what you mean by covering the PU perimeter.  

HD-Lisa 

Lisa | Hair Replacement Consultant | lisa@hairdirect.com

View as RSS news feed in XML