Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • clembkefour

Attachment of system

• Posts 1
    • clembkefour@gmail.com is not online. Last active: 10-24-2018, 12:49 PM
    • Connect
    I am concerned that I will not be able to attach the hair system myself. What have been other women's experiences with attaching the hair system themselves?
  • VickieD

Re: Attachment of system

• Posts 193
    • VickieD is not online. Last active: 11-02-2018, 11:50 AM
    • Connect
    I have been wearing hair for about 5 years.  I would say that for about the first 6 months, I needed help to get it straight because it was hard to see in the back.  Since then, I have learned through trial and error how to do it myself and now do it without much thought.  It's not difficult, it just takes practice and a good wall mounted mirror that you can move. You can do it!
  • blondie12

Re: Attachment of system

• Posts 920
    • blondie12 is not online. Last active: 11-05-2018, 11:26 AM
    • Connect
    Hi!  The difficulty of attachment depends on the type of adhesive you use.  When I first started doing it myself, I was only using Walker Ultrahold as I was unaware of the much easier tapes such as Supertape.  For years I have used Supertape all around the perimeter except for the very front where I use Walker Ultrahold.  Also, what type of base do you have?  Is it an all lace base or does it have a poly perimeter?  I have an all lace base.  It's much more natural and doesn't feel bulky like a base with a poly perimeter.  If you have poly perimeter the attachment is a bit different.  You never want to apply adhesive directly to the poly part.  You need to use the red liner tape on the poly perimeter and then use the Walker Ultrahold and/or Supertape.  At least this is what I learned from my experience with those types of bases.  If you have an all lace base I suggest to do the de and re-attachment at least every two weeks.  Once the glue breaks down it is much harder to clean.  Hope this helps.  
View as RSS news feed in XML