Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • Mshell

Greasy unit

• Posts 2
    • Mshell is not online. Last active: 01-31-2019, 6:13 PM
    • Connect
    Has anyone experienced a greasy hair unit? Mine is brand new and I can’t even wear it down because it is disgustingly greasy. I have washed it twice so far, taken it off and added dove in case there was still glue. It’s strafe because anytime I wash and dry it, it seems like it can never become fully dry. Please tell me someone knows what to do? 
  • blondie12

Re: Greasy unit

• Posts 921
    • blondie12 is not online. Last active: 01-25-2019, 5:55 PM
    • Connect
    I have not ever had that issue; however, Dawn concentrated dish washing liquid is the best soap to clean and degrease hair.  Dawn is what is used on the poor animals that get oil on them when tanker ships leak oil into the ocean.  You have probably seen pelicans and other animals with oil on them.  Dawn gets it off.  Sad that we have that issue but this is the day and age we live in. 
  • HD-Emily

• Posts 326
    • HD-Emily is not online. Last active: 09-10-2018, 9:20 AM
    • Connect

Hi MShell- 

Blondie12 gave some great advice- Try Dawn Dish Soap- it will break down any oils which you might be feeling on your system. You will want to use the standard blue one, nothing with any moisturizers. 

I'm not sure why your system would feel greasy as a new unit- but sometimes solvents can leave a residue, or even some styling products. 

If you continue to have issues, please feel free to e-mail me photos, or you are also welcome to send the unit back for us to look at and fix whatever may be causing this. 

Best Regards-

Emily 

Emily | Hair Replacement Consultant | emily@hairdirect.com

• Mshell

• Posts 2
    • Mshell is not online. Last active: 01-31-2019, 6:13 PM
    • Connect

I literally posted the same question not long ago. I had the same situation since the day I got it, and still have that same situation going on after having it a little over a month now. I did email HD about it and was basically told it’s my fault, they said there’s no way it could be greasy. Well clearly I am not the only one. Very frustrating and after seeing the reply on this board, I will be sending mine back.

• HD-Emily

• Posts 326
    • HD-Emily is not online. Last active: 09-10-2018, 9:20 AM
    • Connect

Hi MShell-

I certainly hope that no one feels like we are blaming them for anything!

This is not something we have experienced before with the units, so I just wanted to provide some possible explanations. If you could send in your system, we could get a better look and see what might have happened, and then go from there.

I will go ahead and have a return service label sent to you, it should be good for ten days.

Warm Regards-

Emily 

Emily | Hair Replacement Consultant | emily@hairdirect.com

View as RSS news feed in XML