Trans women unwelcome here?

Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • demented_mint

Trans women unwelcome here?

• Posts 1
    • demented_mint is not online. Last active: 11-24-2018, 11:33 AM
    • Connect

My hair has been both a barrier and source of heartache. I was hoping for a welcoming and helpful response from the HD consultants. What I got instead was short responses, that seemed to place the blame on me for not understanding what I was asking for. In one instance it was pointed out to me that the hair style I was hoping for was a women's. Implying that I wasn't.

I hope that my experiences aren't universal and there are some other trans women that have gotten more respect.

• josh

Re: Trans women unwelcome here?

• Posts 81
    • josh@hairdirect.com is not online. Last active: 02-24-2019, 7:10 PM
    • Connect

Hi demented_mint,

I am so sorry that you got the impression of being unwelcome. I can assure you that you are very welcome here! We have a large customer base of transgender individuals that we provide products, service, and support to here at HairDirect. After researching the situation and listening to the calls, I believe that the consultant that you were speaking to was not clear of your intentions during the course of the call. In speaking to you and reviewing your account and the pictures you sent in, she wanted to make sure that you were aware of what was being ordered. Once it was understood, it made complete sense of what cut and style you were looking to obtain.

If you have additional questions or concerns about your order or your interactions with our team, please feel free to reach out to me directly at josh@hairdirect.com.

Thank you!

Josh 

Josh Ward | Director of Client Services | josh@hairdirect.com

View as RSS news feed in XML