super tape change?

Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • brooklyn

super tape change?

• brooklyn ny
    • Posts 348
    • brooklyn is not online. Last active: 10-27-2018, 7:25 PM
    • Connect
    Has there been a formula change with super tape? It has always been my favorite, but the latest batch I started using, I now get a ton of breakdown in a short amount of time and it just doesn't feel right on my scalp anymore. So sad. 
  • hd-Michelle

Re: super tape change?

• Posts 49
    • hd-Michelle is not online. Last active: 01-14-2019, 3:55 PM
    • Connect

Hi Brooklyn,

I'm so sorry to hear that the super tape is not working for you anymore. I double checked and as far as i'm aware super tape has not made any changes to their formula. Unfortunately as the years go by our body chemistry does change, and in this case it could be that yours is reacting differently to the tape which is causing it to breakdown in a short amount of time. Since super tape is a 4+ week hold time tape I would recommend trying another brand with the same hold time. We have a tape called All Base Tape which will work with any base material. I will attach a link for you if you would like to take a look at it.

http://www.hairdirect.com/store/true-tape-all-base-tape.aspx

If you have any additional questions please give us a call! You can reach us at 1-800-424-7436 or if you live outside of the United States you can call us at 717-553-6633.

Kind Regards,

Michelle 

Michelle | Hair Replacement Consultant | michelleh@hairdirect.com

• markeypoo

• Posts 63
    • markeypoo is not online. Last active: 09-07-2018, 6:56 AM
    • Connect
    i too notice a slight change in super tape, its a little harder to work with and a little more smell to it, other than that, it still works okay 
  • nick.b

• Posts 2
    • nick.b@xtra.co.nz is not online. Last active: 01-15-2019, 4:16 AM
    • Connect

I have also noticed the bond is not what it used to be. Turning to gooey mush after only 10 days in the back, and the front lifting up after less than a week, in some instances. Maybe it's just a bad batch. Fingers crossed.

What would be nice, if there was a super tape that had red liner on one side, and their super adhesive on the other. One side sticks to the base and one side to the skin. Would cut re-taping times in half, and save putting two thicknesses of tape on the perimeter. Maybe it already exists, and i just don't know about it?

• brooklyn

• brooklyn ny
    • Posts 348
    • brooklyn is not online. Last active: 10-27-2018, 7:25 PM
    • Connect

It's a bummer. I hope it was a bad batch and not a change. Too bad I buy a lot at one time. I know it's not "my chemistry changing" because I have some older supertape still that works just fine. 

I've tried out the new tape and while I acknowledge it works great. Almost no breakdown over a couple weeks with solid hold, it makes my head super itchy, so that's out.

• markeypoo

• Posts 63
    • markeypoo is not online. Last active: 09-07-2018, 6:56 AM
    • Connect
    i have found strangely enough, i think its a really fresh batch, i let mine air out of the package for a few days and it works a LOT better, i guess it has to cure over time? 
  • dandyman

• Northern Virginia
    • Posts 122
    • dandyman is not online. Last active: 01-20-2019, 12:41 PM
    • Connect
    Definitely a change in the formula!  I'm disappointed and hope this will be communicated to Super Tape.  I was reading these posts while using my last order.  It was working great. . . as it always has.  I just opened and started using a new roll I ordered about 5 months ago.  Definitely a different feel. to the tape and it does not stick as well to the lace.  I sure hope they revert, otherwise I'll be looking for a new tape. . .
  • ElenaHensley

• Posts 6
    • ElenaHensley is not online. Last active: 09-22-2018, 4:22 AM
    • Connect
    Interesting tread here! 
View as RSS news feed in XML