Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Reply to this thread
  • nearkapil

Any Improvement in Hair Quality

• Posts 26
    • nearkapil is not online. Last active: 09-25-2018, 6:43 AM
    • Connect

hi all,

I am wondering, if anyone can share their latest experience with HD, especially the hair quality. I am thinking of coming back to HD but not if the Hair Quality hasn't improved. I was a member for many years before I quit, but till 2013-14, I must say I was a very happy customer. Then the quality control team just disappeared somewhere (may be a factory change). the quality of the hair was really bad, shredding, thin/horse tail hair type hair and many more.

could someone share if hair quality has been improved since then or is it still the .... 

TUmbrellahanks a lot in advance everyone! 

KP

• fergiesquest

Re: Any Improvement in Hair Quality

• Posts 71
    • fergiesquest is not online. Last active: 11-27-2018, 5:05 PM
    • Connect
    Nope........hair quality is the same as you describe. I have left HD out of frustration for this company to deliver a consistent quality product.
  • Moon

• Posts 346
    • Moon is not online. Last active: 11-30-2018, 1:10 PM
    • Connect
    If anything quality seems to be moving in the opposite direction.  Where the hair used to range from okay to spectacularly good, now "okay" is the best and it ranges down to "barely acceptable".  It's been a long time since I had nice hair.
  • jal

• Posts 1
    • jal is not online. Last active: 12-02-2018, 9:02 PM
    • Connect
    My hair quality has been so bad for the last few years that I'm starting to research another solution. I love HD but my hair is only nice for the first day after washing it and letting it dry on the styro head. Once I wash it while it's on my head, it feels like straw and looks awful. I've tried every product they offer and nothing helps. I also lose hair by the handful when I comb it. Back in 2012 or so this never happened but it changed overnight and has been terrible since. It makes me feel ugly. :(
  • HD-Melissa

• Posts 273
    • HD-Melissa is not online. Last active: 07-05-2017, 1:48 PM
    • Connect

Hey All,

I just wanted to let you know we do acknowledge your issues with quality. Unfortunately some hair specifications will inadvertently cause the issues you experience due to the amount of processing needed to reach the desired result. In looking into some of your specification I see there is most likely a different of issues taking place. The causes range from hair type to over bleaching of knots to change in hair color (processing) correlating to issues you are having.

It is really important that you report the specific issues to you Hair Replacement Consultant so we can make recommendations, alert the factory, etc. to make necessary changes whenever possible. We truly want you all to be happy with your hair. After all, you all are the reason we are here every day. Providing a handmade product that impacts on such a personal level is and always will be a challenge. It is a challenge that we are hoping you will continue to allow us to try to meet and provide for you. We do appreciate that you trust us with your hair replacement.

Best,

Melissa 

Melissa McConnell | Production/Technical Advisor | melissa@hairdirect.com

• nearkapil

• Posts 26
    • Connect

Thanks Melissa,

However, as you suggested tell you Hair Replacement Consultant about the issue, then I must say this must have been reported by multiple times, by not just me but other users as well (the community forum is the witness of this) BUT nothing was changed rather a consultant comes online and apologies and say few assuring words for the last few years now.

I left HD and came back now to try a HD thin skin. I hope for the best BUT this is my first order back and the website isSad showing 9 days delayed.

OVER TO YOU! 

KP

• HD-Melissa

• Posts 273
    • Connect

Nearkapil

As explained, there are many variables that will contribute to hair quality and each issue is handled on a case by case basis due to every order having different specifications. We try and make best recommendations to adjust to fix and/or prevent issues when we can. At times this could be a combination of changes. We are continually working with HRC/clients on any trends with issues as we see them in our returns committee. We then share this info with our factory to make adjustments as well.

I am glad to hear you decided to try again with the thin skins and do hope you will be happy with them. I do see a change was made to your order after it was put in progress. Depending on the change, it usually will cause a delay in production. We will keep an eye on this for you and let you know.

Best, 

• nearkapil

• Posts 26
    • Connect
    I didn't make any change as far as I remember! 

KP

• HD-Melissa

• Posts 273
    • Connect

Nearkapil,

This looks like a density change was made. We are expecting to ship very close to your original expected date.

Best, 

• Moon

• Posts 346
    • Connect
    redacted
  • Moon

• Posts 346
    • Connect
    HD-Melissa:

I just wanted to let you know we do acknowledge your issues with quality. Unfortunately some hair specifications will inadvertently cause the issues you experience due to the amount of processing needed to reach the desired result. In looking into some of your specification I see there is most likely a different of issues taking place. The causes range from hair type to over bleaching of knots to change in hair color (processing) correlating to issues you are having.

Can you please tell me what in my specifications has caused the hair quality on my units to decline over the last couple of  years?  As far as I know I have not made any changes, yet the quality of the hair has definitely declined.  

• HD-Melissa

• Posts 273
    • Connect

Lisa,

It isn't necessarily your hair specifications have changed, but the overall processing required for your lighter color hair combined with the hair available in the factory inventory that might be causing issues. I have shared this string and order numbers for to be checked in to and hope they can make any necessary adjustments for your orders.

Best regards, 

• nearkapil

• Posts 26
    • Connect

Well Well, it's not 9 days now but showing "19 Days" delay. I did not change anything. I was hoping and still hoping that HD would at least do something about it. I signed up for a 12A, and this  is not looking convincing enough that HD can provide systems on time. Because I can't have stock system in between if I have to because of the delay, that would look odd.  

When I asked my Hair Tech earlier about it, she mentioned this "your order went in on 4/5 and it take 8-10 weeks for the order, so the system is not behind at this point. your anticipated ship date is 6/4."

it's better be on time and otherwise her words won't mean anything to me in future. ConfusedConfused

KP

• nearkapil

• Posts 26
    • Connect

Also, we know there is a problem with systems are not getting ready on time, why can't we order in advance. I signed up on the 5th, but why can't HD orders my system 2 weeks in advance. End of the day, I am making the monthly payment anyways.

And if factories can't supply this on time, then change the factory. Why HD is putting up with this and same time making so many users suffer. It will make HD staff's life lot more easier too, rather replying to so many complaints for the same thing month after month. Surprise

KP

• fergiesquest

• Posts 71
    • fergiesquest is not online. Last active: 11-27-2018, 5:05 PM
    • Connect

HD may read your post, but there will not be an outcome...........good luck...........

Fergie         

Page 1 of 3 (44 items) 1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML