Sort this thread: Rate this post:
Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
Reply to this thread
  • Adw5670

Nothing but problems

• Posts 39
    • Adw5670 is not online. Last active: 12-20-2018, 11:00 AM
    • Connect
    I am on a 6A plan. I had two units come in that we're blonde but I'm not blonde so that was a problem. These units had been rushed because the systems prior to these the hair was horrible. It had black pieces of plastic all in them and They were frizzy. So while waiting on the remakes HD colored the blonde systems to do until I got my remakes. These lasted about a month until the hair started falling out where a poly stip is sewn to separate the front lace and the mono material. Got my remakes and guess what the same problem occurred with the hair coming out at the same place. HD wouldn't fix this because it was over the 30 day mark. So I sent them back and am paying to have hair added. They did give me a small discount but I am still paying $100 per unit. They are fixing them one at a time and the one that is being fixed now is on delay! That is a problem because the new systems that I just received are doing the exact same thing except not only are they shedding in the same place they are coming apart at the seam where the poly strip in sewn in. HD offered for me to send them back but that is not an option since the last 6 systems I have received have been horrible. Each time I have sent pictures and asked for this problem to be fixed but I keep getting more hair with the same problem. The systems I sent back I was told they were not that bad.... I pay almost $1000 for two units I don't expect them to be perfect but I can't deal with them shedding so far at the front and spitting open to the point they can't be styled without noticeable defect. So here I am with two systems with hair coming out terribly, coming apart at the seam and one at factory having hair added at my expense that is on delay. When I sent a picture of the system that is coming apart they said it was clearly a factory error but they "can't" do remakes if I don't send these back. I also have another at HD waiting to be sent back for hair add that I am also going to be responsible for paying for the hair add. JUST FIX THE ISSUE ALREADY! And two more being made that who knows what I am going to get. I have lost my confidence in HD. 

ADW

• SuzyQ62

Re: Nothing but problems

• Posts 16
    • SuzyQ62 is not online. Last active: 09-02-2018, 7:39 PM
    • Connect
    I have to say that posts like these aren't bolstering a lot of confidence for me. I currently buy my units from another source, but was thinking about using HD because I could get something custom, have it styled like a picture I send in, etc. I buy my supplies (tape, scalp protector, etc.) from HD and have been very pleased with the prices and the help I've gotten from the techs in terms of how to use the supplies, but the quality control and delivery delay issues with hair systems I keep seeing are making me seriously reconsider buying hair units from HD.
  • Adw5670

• Posts 39
    • Connect

I was told that they couldn't do me anymore favors 

since they had given me a small discount on the hair

adds. The favor I want is to get hair that last more then

a month! To get what I pay for would be great. I don't

even have all lace, mine are only lace front with monofilament and

poly strip perimeters. I'm considering putting pictures on the photo

gallery of what I have been dealing with. 

ADW

• HD-Jena

• Posts 10
    • HD-Jena is not online. Last active: 12-02-2016, 4:41 PM
    • Connect

Hi Adw5670,

I completely understand your frustration.

As previously discussed, we came to the conclusion that your previous orders were vented incorrectly. We made the adjustment for the current orders, as well as the repairs that are in process. We re-directed the repair units so that those areas in the front (by the poly) weren't separating any longer. 

Your first repair unit shipped on 8/22. I am curious which unit you are referring to that is delayed so that I can check on it. We only have  one order in process at this moment in time, and that is your Standing Order. Your second repair unit is next to be processed, once we hear feedback as requested, on the first repair. 

Again, I sincerely apologize for the frustration you are experiencing, and I hope that after these repair orders, we can gain your confidence and trust back!

You have my email, please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thank you Adw5670 Smile

• Adw5670

• Posts 39
    • Connect

Jena,

The delay was where it was showing red on the tracking and you told

me the factory was backed up. However I did receive the unit that had

hair added today. The hair looks good for now but since it was not given

back to you the color was not corrected. It still has the big chunky

highlights.  

What would make me satisfied with HD is since the most recent two units

are falling apart at the seams and they are also looseing hair so bad they already

have several bald spots. Also the ventilation was still not corrected on these

even though I had asked for it to be over and over. I would like for HD to add the

hair to the other one you are holding at no charge.  I can put the pictures on the 

photo gallery of my last units if you would like to see what a mess they are. 

ADW

• bogel88

• Posts 24
    • bogel88 is not online. Last active: 12-25-2016, 1:47 AM
    • Connect
    Big Smilevery polite and helpful,, make people will feel free to come again and do all the transaction . nice sevices
  • janda idaman

• Posts 8
    • janda idaman is not online. Last active: 03-10-2018, 10:43 PM
    • Connect
    with this board might might make a lot of people will know how this way
  • collegemike

• Posts 9
    • collegemike is not online. Last active: 03-09-2018, 3:38 PM
    • Connect
    Bumping this back to the top because I really don't understand what's going on with HD but these issues are far too common. Haven't had a single good unit with no problems since April 2015...
  • markeypoo

• Posts 63
    • markeypoo is not online. Last active: 09-07-2018, 6:56 AM
    • Connect
    wow i pay 200 for my pieces and they are excellent, great customer service too
  • moesl

• Posts 22
    • moesl is not online. Last active: 09-26-2018, 3:26 PM
    • Connect
    I feel the same!!!  Have been with HD since 2012 - they were great back then!!!!!!!!!  I haven't been happy with my 3 last systems!!!!!  Feeling frustrated - so expensive and I'm so not satisfied!!!!!!  There seems to be no consistency!!!!  Some units great, others don't measure up!!!! 

Moe

• Mark1962

• Posts 1
    • Mark1962 is not online. Last active: 10-16-2017, 8:37 PM
    • Connect
    I'm starting to feel nervous myself, this is my first piece and they are already 3 to 5 weeks behind schedule.  So much for impressing first time customers.  I'm just about ready to ask for my deposit back.
  • Portobello

• Philadelphia
    • Posts 15
    • Portobello is not online. Last active: 01-09-2019, 12:27 PM
    • Connect
    Ive received 5 hair systems so far and never had problems with any of them. They're all consistent with the specs and identical one to the other on all orders. Im really impressed with the quality and service to the point that I changed from 2 a year to 6 a year standing order. I have the HD11 mono with poly sides and lace front HD. I love my systems and will continue with this company for a very long time. 
  • Eileen622

• Posts 273
    • Eileen622 is not online. Last active: 05-20-2018, 6:37 PM
    • Connect

I'm now having a problem with the last two units I received.  For some reason, the hair is darker and the lace is darker but HD expresses that these are the specs I have in place.  I do not understand how that can be possible when for years I've been getting systems with lighter lace and lighter hair, now all of a sudden I cannot see through the lace any longer?!!!  

Prior to this new development, the lace looks like its been bleached contrary to my "no bleached knots" request and the hair has been falling out like crazy.  

I just don't know what to make of this new development.  My color is supposed to be 50% of the No. 2 from the color ring, and 50% of the color I sent.  It looks like they forgot to add the 50% of the color I sent to the 50% of the No. 2 color ring.  This is the only conclusion I can come to as to why the hair is so dark now that it cannot be bleached without compromising the lace and hair.  This conclusion still doesn't explain why the lace is so dark it looks like perma tease!!!! You absolutely cannot see my scalp through the lace.  I am really baffled and so very disappointed in the quality.

Is anyone else having these issues? 

• jrss1996

• Posts 1
    • jrss1996 is not online. Last active: 06-11-2018, 1:09 PM
    • Connect
    Having the same issues. The last unit was the worst that I have ever received. I have been a customer for many years and the systems used to be good. I would welcome suggestions for any options. I am tired of the same excuses when I say something, almost like it's a canned response.
  • HD-Emily

• Posts 326
    • HD-Emily is not online. Last active: 09-10-2018, 9:20 AM
    • Connect
    Hi Eileen622-

I know we've already discussed these systems, but I just want to take a moment to tell you how truly sorry I am that you are having this experience. We understand how important hair is to all of our clients, and I can honestly say that I am looking forward to helping you order something that you love- and makes you feel great when you wear it.

During our last correspondence, we agreed that I would send a return service label to you so that you can return this unit as well as the color rings which I sent to you. Together, we can try to choose a different color to blend with the color 2 that will help you achieve the appearance you're looking for. I think this will be beneficial, as the color sample we have on file is actually very similar to the color 2 which you are ordered 50% of. So, while the system was manufactured just as your color specifications indicate, I'm afraid that your sample might not be light enough to change the color level of your system.

Additionally, I think it is important we further explore which density can best provide with the most natural look for you. I think the darkness you are seeing at the base of the system is a result of the density and the knots on your lace base. Because you are ordered with a combination of color 2 and a sample which is quite similar- we have to be cautious with the knot bleaching. While we are capable of bleaching the knots to the point of invisibility- it is not advised on such a dark color, as the amount of time necessary for the bleach to process on the knots to lighten them can, sometimes, destroy the integrity of the hair. This can cause shedding.

I will keep an eye out for your return and give you a call when I receive it. I hope all is well and I look forward to helping you solve this problem!

Warm Regards-

Emily

Emily | Hair Replacement Consultant | emily@hairdirect.com

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML