Sort this thread: Rate this post:
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
Reply to this thread
  • njguy35

Embarrassing mistakes again

• Posts 58
    • njguy35 is not online. Last active: 03-29-2017, 12:17 AM
    • Connect
    How do they mess up the base template of the units?  I was just sent two units that are at least 1 1/2 inches wider on both sides in the front then my past units.  I truly can't believe this. Totally different hairline. I am sure some tech will get on here apologizing to me for the 100th time. Blah Blah Blah  These mistakes are unacceptable.  I have been waiting for these units for 11 weeks.  I love wearing hair but just don't know where to turn.  
  • DomMan

Re: Embarrassing mistakes again

• Posts 230
    • DomMan is not online. Last active: 2018/10/01, 8:13 PM
    • Connect
    try something called Google
  • njguy35

• Posts 58
    • Connect
    Thanks for the wonderful advise.  Is that any different then Yahoo or Bing? I hope your next order is as bad as mine is.  
  • plv416

• Posts 689
    • plv416@aol.com_dupe is not online. Last active: 01-28-2018, 10:54 PM
    • Connect
    Big Smile njguy I don't think DomMan was being rude I got what he meant about using those search engines.
  • njguy35

• Posts 58
    • Connect
    I am just so frustrated and don't know what to do.  Trust me I have used google extensively. I think every tech has apologized to me at least ten times. It is to the point where I preface my conversations with, "please don't apologize".  I just want to get good hair pieces at a fair price. How in the world is my base messed up?  They have a dam template dont they?  Shouldn't it just be the same every time?
  • njguy35

• Posts 58
    • Connect
    and they back of the unit looks like it was cut by a kindergartner at a jagged sharp angle.  Totally different from unit to unit. I have to stop looking because I get angrier and angrier.  
  • stevenkp

• Posts 39
    • stevenkp is not online. Last active: 09-26-2018, 4:20 PM
    • Connect
    I wear a full cap, and so far have two units, (though I have two more on order). Neither base is identical. One is a good 1 inch longer in back and is a looser fit than the other. As I understand it, there is no template as we think of one. They have measurements and the base is made from that, by hand, by likely never the same person. There is simply a lot of room for error between any two units. I do feel it should not be that way, but any time you are dealing with something custom made half way around the world by people making probably very low wages, I suppose it is to be expected. Hair density from one unit to the next can also vary. I have been pretty satisfied with the cut and color. HD is not the only source for hair. If you simply can't get satisfaction with HD, then really all you can do is try someplace else, but you have to realize that the actual production of the unit will likely come from the same place, (China in most cases), so the end result may be no different. I feel HD does the best job possible considering the nature of the business.
  • njguy35

• Posts 58
    • Connect
    Just went though the "I am so sorry, cant help you and send it in" dog and pony show.  I rarely get any help from an entry level tech.  The only reason I got my two good systems was because I demanded a manager.  When I ask for a manager today I was denied over and over again.  Looks like I have a solid ten more weeks until I get my next set of units which I am sure will be the wrong shape again because they were auto-ordered two weeks ago.  
  • gaminggolfer

• Posts 182
    • gaminggolfer is not online. Last active: 12-14-2018, 5:16 PM
    • Connect
    Yeah I don't know man, if they screw up your order so much why don't you switch vendors? I have been using my vendor for awhile and never had one mistake and his systems are perfect. There are other fish in the sea my brother
  • rlp

• Posts 110
    • rlp is not online. Last active: 03-27-2017, 4:31 PM
    • Connect
    I am using that same vendor as gammingolfer's and I got it in no time and it was great. Haven't worn it yet.  I will attach it in 3 weeks and I am confident it will be good!
  • Islesun2

• Hawaii
    • Posts 2
    • Islesun2 is not online. Last active: 06-05-2017, 12:30 AM
    • Connect

Can you email the vendor? I'm thinking of trying a few vendors. Word of mouth is always the best way to go. I am trying HD but would like a good second choice. Thanks 

• Kev2015

• Posts 42
    • Kev2015 is not online. Last active: 10-27-2017, 5:48 AM
    • Connect
    stevenkp:

I wear a full cap, and so far have two units, (though I have two more on order). Neither base is identical. One is a good 1 inch longer in back and is a looser fit than the other. As I understand it, there is no template as we think of one. They have measurements and the base is made from that, by hand, by likely never the same person. There is simply a lot of room for error between any two units. I do feel it should not be that way, but any time you are dealing with something custom made half way around the world by people making probably very low wages, I suppose it is to be expected. Hair density from one unit to the next can also vary. I have been pretty satisfied with the cut and color. HD is not the only source for hair. If you simply can't get satisfaction with HD, then really all you can do is try someplace else, but you have to realize that the actual production of the unit will likely come from the same place, (China in most cases), so the end result may be no different. I feel HD does the best job possible considering the nature of the business.

even if you are submitting measurements, then the factory worker will still make a template and that template is usually kept for a year before it is discarded if you have not ordered a 2nd wig in that 12 month period. the second wig should be made from that template so the two wigs should be the same. i do not know what has occurred in your case however. 

• jogathon

• Posts 1
    • jogathon is not online. Last active: 04-18-2016, 3:36 AM
    • Connect
    Did you find the resolution to your problems with HD? I have been having the same issues since last year. I had to return about 3 hair pieces because they were the wrong size. I received a new one about 2 weeks ago. This one is about 1/2 inch longer and from the looks of the lace, 3 pieces were woven together. HD quality was much better 3 years ago than it is today. There is no consistency in the system they send, the hair, the lace, the size, they are all over the place. 
  • devildan

• Rockaway, New Jersey
    • Posts 497
    • devildan is not online. Last active: 03-20-2019, 5:11 AM
    • Connect

You can always deal with the Hair Factories yourself, skipping the middleman. I now get my hair directly from 2 different ones in China.. I just send them an older unit that fits well that needs a hair add,, they copy it and do the hair add !  

• RONDEE

• Posts 101
    • RONDEE is not online. Last active: 02-19-2019, 10:12 AM
    • Connect

devildan,

I too have been looking for another solution to get my hair from. Yours is intriguing. The black knots - dots I now get in my front hairline are unacceptable as I brush my hair up, over and back (I'm a 64 year old male). Question: does your factories provide true bleached knots using hair dye or have they too switched to garment dye? I have a number of older units I can send them. Also would you be willing to provide your email so I can contact you privately so as not to embarrasses HD? Smile

Regards,

RONDEE 

RON

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML