Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • Noah

For Briguy

• Posts 102
    • Noah is not online. Last active: 09-20-2016, 10:47 AM
    • Connect

Hey Brian

I just saw your before and after photos.  Your hairpiece looks great - very youthful and trendy.  You look like a completely different man without it.  For someone who is a professional dancer it must be important to present a young vibrant image, so wearing a piece was definitely the right choice.

My only worry for you is that you are being too generous with your private information.  If I were a young handsome guy who makes a living by performing in public, I would not be publishing photos of me on the internet with my hairpiece off, showing a significantly less attractive image for all to see.  You said in an earlier email that you are not open about the fact you wear a hairpiece.  Are you not worried that someone who knows you or works with you will chance upon these pictures and spread them around, damaging your professional image? 

• hd-julie

Re: For Briguy

• Bainbridge, PA
    • Posts 559
    • hd-julie is not online. Last active: 12-12-2013, 9:50 AM
    • Connect
    In my opinion I think it just shows that BriGuy is proud of who he is and has self confidence.... with OR without hair. Yes From what I hear, he is very talented at what he does so if someone would be that shallow not to hire him because of his 'Before' photos, that is their loss! Hmm

Julie

HD Hair Tech

• HD-Christina

• Posts 520
    • HD-Christina is not online. Last active: 08-30-2017, 11:34 AM
    • Connect

Hi Noah,

Briguy did this as a learning experience for himself as well as to let other wears out there know that there are options for them too. We are very fortunate to have such great clients that are willing to do before and after photos for us and to get out there and show people that you don’t have to be hesitant in doing something as wearing a hair replacement system. In today's world think about it, it is ok to get implants, Botox, hair extensions, surgeries to enhance your appearance etc..., so what is so wrong with wanting to wear hair? To me and to a lot of others, this should be acceptable as well. I understand that for some people allowing themselves to be photographed without their hair will not be acceptable, and that is fine if people want to think that way, but I am sure Briguy took all of your points into consideration before he came here to get his B&A photos and we could not thank him enough for coming here and doing it.

Christina | Customer Service Administrator | christina@hairdirect.com

• Random Guy

• San Francisco, California
    • Posts 221
    • Random Guy is not online. Last active: 12-22-2017, 1:42 PM
    • Connect
    While I certainly understand what Julie and Christie are saying, I think Noah does Briguy a service to remind him that there are others beyond the "family" who frequent this forum who may be lurking.  It may well be that Briguy did not consider that possibility.  I myself am fairly prominent in my profession and, for that reason, will not post photos of myself (with or without hair) here because I prefer not to have such photos, (mis)labeled "toupee-wearer" or "baldy," potentially plastered across the Internet -- on social-networking sites, and the like.  Yes
  • hd-julie

• Bainbridge, PA
    • Posts 559
    • hd-julie is not online. Last active: 12-12-2013, 9:50 AM
    • Connect

This makes me think of a video I have seen of Ted Danson when he took off his system right on the Cheers show. I doubt this had any effect on his career. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2v_bk4xyN8 

Julie

HD Hair Tech

• JRob

• Orlando, FL
    • Posts 731
    • JRob is not online. Last active: 03-11-2014, 3:20 AM
    • Connect

While I can't blame anyone for wishing to keep their anonymity (I used to blur my face when I posted pics), I applaud those of you who are willing to put a "face" on the world of non-surgical hair replacement.

I'm "in the business" so for me it's kind of a given that I post pictures of myself now, but the customers who are willing to do this really need to be congratulated because it is going to go a long way toward removing the stigma that society places on wearing hair.

I've been wearing hair for a few years now, and it seems like during that time more and more people are posting full face pictures of themselves. It's great because it helps to give confidence to the people who are new to hair replacement or might be sitting on the fence about it.

Special thanks need to go out to guys like Briguy who are in the entertainment industry and to all of the ladies who are willing to post pictures. Whether you realize it or not you are helping to make this a better experience for everyone Yes

Jon Robertson, Hair Replacement Consultant
    and CEO, RemySoft Solutions LLC

• Noah

• Posts 102
    • Noah is not online. Last active: 09-20-2016, 10:47 AM
    • Connect

It wasn't my intention to raise unnecessary controversy here.  I accept that some people are comfortable with everyone knowing they wear hair, although my guess is that group is less than 10% of all hairpiece wearers.  A sub-group is also content to allow the wide world to see them without their hairpieces.  My guess is that that sub-group is really tiny, perhaps mainly made up of people who sell hairpieces, because for the average guy it seems to destroy the whole purpose of using a piece.

The point is that Briguy said earlier that he wasn't even in the first group, and now he is in the sub-group big-time.  Of course, he is entitled to change his mind, and he is doing a great service to bald guys who may be sitting on the fence over the issue of hair replacement, and I applaud him for that if it is the case.  I just wanted to make it clear to him that this website is open to anyone with a computer. 

My feeling is that a performer's image is a business asset which has to be carefully managed.  That is particularly true of a young handsome guy (or girl) who is to some extent selling an image of youth and athleticism.  You don't see Ben Affleck or Brendan Fraser allowing their image to appear on the net without their toupees.   

• briguy

• Posts 73
    • briguy is not online. Last active: 07-20-2017, 3:19 PM
    • Connect

Hey Everyone!

Im sorry I kind of laughed when I read this post, not at what anyone wrote, and not in a bad way. But here it goes, personally of course we never really want to tell people we are wearing a hairpiece, and I definitely dont announce it to someone when I meet them, but lets face it, if someone is on this website, there here for the same reason I was. Ya know for the past few years I have been very cautious about my hair, and would probably go nuts if people found it, but I personally have much bigger things to worry about now, and really dont stress over it. Hey it is what it is, and it makes me feel good about myself to be able to show what a hair system has done for me and to be able to help others, especially young guys out there. Key word here is HELP, thats all I want to do.

And plus i am not a cocky person at all and you can ask anyone who knows me but, I make this *** look good....hahahaha Im just joking. All kidding aside I think by young guys seeing my before and after pics, it might help them to realize they can wear a hair system and still style there hair the way they want.

And as far as people seeing these pics and myself being afraid of getting future work or it affecting my career, I get hired because I am very qualified in my field, I believe I am a great educator, and because I feel Im a people person and can get along with anyone.. whether I have hair or no hair, none of that changes. I shaved my head completely bald 2 years ago, that didnt change anything with my career. Did it because I need a change haha, and some people actually like it lol...

Ya know if I take my system off and let my hair grow, Im not bald, I am definitely thinnning but not completely bald. i wear system because it gives me the look I want, which is why any guy or girl out there wears hair. Same thing with females and even guys getting plastic surgery......its ALLLL the same....except Im not filled with plastic.  Stick out tongue

Noah your right anyone with a computer can go on here and see them, but remember what I said, if there on here, then obviously there looking to fix there hair loss.....am I not right? some people would never do what I did, trust me I have friends that I know were systems and they have no idea bout me, and if they ever found out, it would just be something else to talk about lol, I know not everyone is comfortable about talking about it, which is fine, but like I said its all about helping people with me. u only live once bro, and im not going to waste my time worrying about what others think of me.

Also if i was Ben Affleck or someone who is in movies and always on the big screen, then yea things would probably be different, but Im just ur average Joe who loves to dance my a$$ off!!!!!! and gets paid for it, whether hair or no hair.....

Whatever I can do to help you Noah or anyone else on the board, im here, may take me a little to get back, but im here.....

Enjoys your week everyone...

Briguy

• skylazar

• Posts 487
    • skylazar is not online. Last active: 10-10-2018, 1:11 PM
    • Connect

Dear all,

I do agree with briguy, His system does look good and he looks good without it too. Ive bben through the same road shaving hair off and been in a system for three years. If you notice i also have my full name first and last as my login so  I guess im very vulnerable lol.

I've reached a pinnacle where I actually wouldnt care if anyone knew I wore a system. Up to now no one has said anything and I style my hair in extreme ways which I could never do back home stateside. I can get away with it being in UK as the styles are very different and of course being 23 helps a little more. 

Also as Brian said people who come here wuld come to solve their hair issues but I also understand what Noah is saying too. Brian has reached his prime and is successful so has no issues but there are snakes everywhere. Personally I know someone who has a hair issue. He is also successful in his career and a distant friend. He's been thinking of going down this road and he doesnt know I wear hair too. But this person would do anything to degrade me as he is very insecure in his looks so if we do go to a club or with friends he would always put me down which I ignore as it doesnt phase me at all but if he found me on here oh boy it would be fireworks but like I said before I aint bothered about it at all. 

So inessence if you are happy having snapshots or your name on here then do it . If not then the respect is still there. Its a matter of choice but i can understand both theories

• JRob

• Orlando, FL
    • Posts 731
    • JRob is not online. Last active: 03-11-2014, 3:20 AM
    • Connect

Good points Briguy, and great attitude toward the hair game.

I think the chances of the average person being spotted on a hair replacement website are slim to none. Even if a person were to become famous enough to where people would gossip, who cares? Then it's all out in the open. If it looks good what are people going to say? 

I know society makes this out to be a huge deal, but it really isn't. If I tell people who are in the hair business that I am wearing a full cap and they don't believe me, the average person is going to be pretty amazed as well. Honestly, I think it's more awkward for the people I tell than it is for me.

I have been wearing my new mohawk for a week or two, but I have yet to tell anyone who doesn't know me that it is fake. Can't wait to see the reaction when I do tell someone who doesn't already know.

If I'm ever feeling crazy enough I'm gonna turn my hairpiece into the worlds most original pickup line, hehe.

Jon Robertson, Hair Replacement Consultant
    and CEO, RemySoft Solutions LLC

View as RSS news feed in XML