Sort this thread: Rate this post:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Reply to this thread
  • TwentyOneJumpStreet

Maxxam hair products from the club?

• Posts 144
    • TwentyOneJumpStreet is not online. Last active: 04-09-2011, 1:53 PM
    • Connect

I am curious if any stylist or users of the Maxxam hair products knows if they are inferior products. An HCM stylist once told me that they purposely have the clients use the Maxxam products so the systems dry out faster. Anyone with any experience with these products that can give me feedback it would be much appreciated. I have a bunch left and don't want to continue to use them if they aren't helping care for my system. I haven't had experience with other products so I have nothing to compare to them to.

I still have:

Mosturizing shampoo   

Normalizing shampoo

Clear Clarifying shampoo

Gold Moisturizing conditioner

Moisturizing conditioner 

Cream Rinse Condintioner

Reconstructor Conditioner

Leave in Conditioner

Spray Gel

Hair Gel     

Hair and scalp mender

Wow writing it out i cant believe how many products i have, thats rediculous, which is why I hope they are still useful.

Thanks,

Aaron

• HD-Cindy

Re: Maxxam hair products from the club?

• Posts 573
    • HD-Cindy is not online. Last active: 09-25-2014, 5:30 PM
    • Connect

Hi TwentyOneJumpStreet

I would be interested to know why the stylist would tell that about a product. Were you having a problem with your hair at the time? For your own peace of mind, I would recommend you check out the msds on the products to see if there is something in the product that is harmful to the hair.

Just remember the products with protein in, use but keep it off the knots. Smile

Cindy | Support Hair Tech

• Kathryn

• Georgia peach replanted in metro DC
    • Posts 61
    • Kathryn is not online. Last active: 10-07-2014, 10:14 AM
    • Connect

Hi 21 Jump St,

I am a former HCM client and I used the Maxxam products. I used most all of the products you listed.  I really liked Maxxam and did not find the products to dry out my hair.  As a matter of fact, I have recently used my leftover Maxxam products on my HD hair with great results. 

• TwentyOneJumpStreet

• Posts 144
    • TwentyOneJumpStreet is not online. Last active: 04-09-2011, 1:53 PM
    • Connect
    I have good luck I think, with some of the products, I really think its the quality of the systems that is the issue. I just want to make sure i am not using something that isnt doing what its suppose to. I think the stylist was saying the routines that the club has you do with the systems and a few of the products promote the drying out of the systems. He was really honest to me about the practices of HCM and how deceptive they can be. Thanks for your feedback Kathyryn btw!
  • KIKI

• Posts 1
    • KIKI is not online. Last active: 06-14-2009, 3:07 PM
    • Connect
    I'm a Hairclub member. I've used some Mammam products. They're too expensive, even with my 30% discount. I use Aussie as well as other brand products on my hair and they work just fine. Maxxam products are okay but to me they are overrated. Don't limit yourself to Aussie. The hair costs a fortune. Save $$ and try other products.
  • Fred the dog

• Posts 3
    • Fred the dog is not online. Last active: 07-21-2009, 10:50 PM
    • Connect

I have used these products and they dry your hair out terrible I used to use a shampoo and conditioner from another place and the HC told me it was no good for the system but as soon as I started using their products I

noticed my hair drying out and knotting so I beleive your stylist was being honest and she also risk losing her job

by telling you that I believe shes right sorry I know they arent cheap....Crying

• Mafee7ob

• Posts 1
    • Mafee7ob is not online. Last active: 04-16-2010, 12:10 AM
    • Connect

Hi

I like to buy some of this products, if you can e-mail me back the prices I will be thanks full.

Thank

Moe

• Oneniceguy3

• Posts 1
    • Oneniceguy3 is not online. Last active: 12-19-2011, 9:18 PM
    • Connect

Aaron,

I agree with you 100%  and ever since I joined the so called "Hair Club"  I have many questions that never seemed to be addressed with a straight forward answer.. Example:

1- When I joined on Oct, 4th 2011  the cost of membership was a wooping $2,500.00... The mesh that they use with my hair piece seems t to lose hair only after 7 days.. I complained about this issue  and the reponsce I received  was  it was in their words "Normal"... I was useing rogaine before I went to hair club .. I asked them if I can still use this product  and  they said "yes" !!!!  Well  rogaine containsa high percentage of alcohol..  All and all , I think this entire company  is a fraud... And today I was handed a booklet that broke down the prices of a gold membership, bronze,  etc  etc.. It also stated in the booklet  that a  ( FULL HEADOF HAIR IS $1,500.00 )  Now  Ihave  a lot of my own hair .. Why would they charge me $2,500.00  when the booklet  stated $1,500.00 ... Now I never seen this booklet until today...I think  it,s time to consult  an Attorney..If  you need  any help pursueing your problems  with hair  club feel free to contact me...

Bruce Crying

• stevenkp

• Posts 25
    • stevenkp is not online. Last active: 05-26-2014, 3:08 PM
    • Connect

Though this thread was not intended to be about the HCM crooks, it is hard to avoid. I was a member for a few years until I could not take any more of their ways. While I did try the Maxxim products, I did it very rarely because of the absurd price. If you don't think they mark EVERYTHING up to the extreme, the 50 yard red liner tape you can get here for a few dollars cost FIFTY dollars at HCM. I also had lots of problems with hair from HCM, but I can't specifically say it was because of the Maxxim. The "quality" of the hair and construction of the units from HCM just continued to go down over the years. ALL my pieces from HCM soon literally fell apart. The base is not even sewn to the perimeter. Some cheap glue is used and in time it separates and the whole unit falls apart. The HD unit has the base SEWN to the perimeter. Also, with the HCM units, it was always totally "normal" to have lots of hair come out after every cleaning or even just combing. In the 4 months I have had my first HD unit, there have probably not been a dozen hairs come out of it, and I even sleep in it. The quality of construction of the HD unit compared to the HCM pieces is night and day, but HCM charges at least twice as much for their systems, plus force you into the yearly, super expensive, programs. 

When I first started with HCM in 1994, it was not like that. Hair quality was great, longevity was good, and the service was wonderful. There were no yearly programs you were forced into. I had a certain person I always used. As time went on, however, and HCM started becoming little more than a scam, my stylist quit. She would not put up with what the company became. Thank goodness for HD. Until you have been involved with HCM, you cannot possibly appreciate HD.

So, all this is one way of saying I don't think you can really say that Maxxim products are good or bad. No matter how good a product is, if it is being used on a basically inferior system, then it is not going to work miracles. The HCM hair and quality is junk from the start, so I think THAT is the real problem more than the Maxxim.

• Moola

• Posts 415
    • Moola is not online. Last active: 06-22-2014, 12:30 PM
    • Connect

I too was an HCM member and became increasingly aggravated by their lack of hair quality, their persistent attempts to get you to upgrade and the outrageous prices of the products, their systems, etc. I hated walking into their lobby and just feeling so vulnerable to their tactics. After two years, I waited for my contract to come up for renewal. I sent them a letter to terminate my services and also sent a letter to corporate. After two weeks they contacted me and insisted I owed them more money. I refused to talk to them on te phone and used letters and email as our only communication.

They demanded several hundred dollars from me when it actuality I was at a zero balance. I told them I would pursue litigation and sent all of my correspondence to the CEO as well. It was not easy but they eventually determined I was at a zero balance and I was free of my contract. I think HCM preys on vulnerable people who are at their mercy. My advice to you.....get out of that contract ASAP and try HD. My hair from he club was very dry and brittle. I used all the Maxam products and still have them as well. They really dont compare to the Nearly natural and blue max line. My hair now has moisture and does not look like I have been sitting under a heat lamp for hours.

I am very disgruntled at HCM for luring me into their company.Angry I do believe they are very overpriced and very shady. Just the fact of not sharing how to bond or give you any suggestions to improve your technique is a key sign. It would not surprise me if their products really did dry out your hair.My hair was very dry using their maxxam line. The more questions I had for the club the more products they wanted to sell me to correct the dryness. The botton line their hair was just horrible. That is their intent on getting you to come back. Since I left them I gained so much knowledge on products, hair quality, bonding, etc. I feel so much better. Stay away from HCM and stay away from their products. Try some of the products I told you about and you will see a remarkable difference. HD's hair is just of better quality compared to the club.Confused

• miley

• Posts 2
    • miley is not online. Last active: 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
    • Connect
    what is the HD is that like the hair club  i just joined the hairclub in March 
  • miley

• Posts 2
    • miley is not online. Last active: 04-18-2012, 10:54 AM
    • Connect
    If you are a member how do you get out of buying the products that they sell they told me if you do not use the products they do not guarantee the hair
  • winstonage

• Posts 25
    • winstonage is not online. Last active: 04-05-2014, 11:36 PM
    • Connect
    I was with HCM for about 3 years. Their goal is to keep you ignorant. And boy was I ever. I experienced pieces drying out, and I changed them every 2 months. They never told me anything about how often you could wash the piece, so I just washed it every day. No wonder they dried out! I was paying $368 per month for mono, even though they said it was lace. When my contract was up, I didn't walk, I ran.
  • ivories

• Posts 2
    • ivories is not online. Last active: 09-21-2013, 3:56 PM
    • Connect

Hi Aaron, I'm looking for the Maxxam maxi-care styling lotion.  You don't have a bottle of that, do you?

Thanks.

Ray

• ivories

• Posts 2
    • ivories is not online. Last active: 09-21-2013, 3:56 PM
    • Connect

I used to use their hair pieces but don't any long.  I, also, have some products left which I still use.  I like the products and think they are top shelf.  I'm looking for some Styling lotion & UV protector and also some of the reconstructor.  Aaron, do you know where I can purchase the Maxxam products?

Thanks.

Ray

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML