Reply to this thread
  • Brian D.

Robocut vs. Flowbee

• Posts 821
    • Brian D. is not online. Last active: 02-22-2010, 2:50 PM
    • Connect
    Attachment: robo.jpg

Hey All -

Since my Robocut's hose broke again, and is in the state of dis-repair that you see below, I' think I've decided to order a new Flowbee.  Just wondering who on the forum is using the Flowbee and how you like it?

Another thing about the Robocut which I didn't like, was the cut length guide.  It is supposed to have little bumps on the side of the plastic which allow the "snout" to slide longer and shorter, and then lock it in place.  Only after the first few uses, those bumps wore down and it didn't hold in place anymore - Easy to get a reverse-mowhawk.   Ick!

HD: The ultimate Lost & Found

• RCLAR

Re: Robocut vs. Flowbee

• Arkansas
    • Posts 87
    • RCLAR is not online. Last active: 03-10-2009, 6:46 PM
    • Connect

I've been looking into both Robocutter and Flowbee as I am rapidly approaching my first haircut since I started wearing HD hair, and I am dreading it! The very thought of messing up is pretty frightening. Oh well, it's only hair. it'll grow back (just not all over, hehe). 

Anyway, after what you posted about the Robocutter, it kind of cemented my initial decision which was to go with the Flowbee. I've heard many good things about the Flowbee (and it even comes with its own little vacuum thing now, at an extra cost, of course) and they re-sell at a high price, too. So if people are willing to pay a substantial amount for them in a used condition, there's got to be something to that, right?

• HD-Camille

• Bainbridge, Pa.
    • Posts 674
    • HD-Camille is not online. Last active: 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM
    • Connect

I've never used the Robocut, but we do use the Flowbee here at HD.  I like the way it works.  Just make sure the hair being pulled up is straight and not angled or bunched up inside.  That will ensure an even cut.  Keep going back and forth and in different directions to make sure you haven't missed any strands.

Good luck!!

Camille

Camille Hair Tech

• Brian D.

• Posts 821
    • Brian D. is not online. Last active: 02-22-2010, 2:50 PM
    • Connect
    Thanks Camille.  RCLAR - It's a little awkward at first, you should have 2 mirrors and good light.  But once you get the hang of it (everything seems backwards in a double mirror), it only takes about 10 minutes.  Your first few  times devote a good 1/2 hour though as you get used to it.

HD: The ultimate Lost & Found

• jonnyboy

• Posts 589
    • jonnyboy is not online. Last active: 08-25-2011, 2:33 PM
    • Connect

hi brian i have a flowbee and have found that since using this i have near perfect haircut..its so good i can now do it without a mirror ..i just loook up at the end to see a great professionally tapered haircutParty!!!

but anyway... at the upper part of my head i put a 2 inch attachment on..cos thats the perimeter edge lenghth of my system ..then go an inch in the middle and then the angled one at the bottom..in my mind, i havent worked out how it leaves perfect tapering.Tongue Tied.but it truly does..its a great invention and i know of guys who even cut in their system with this  and look great...i was cynical of the flowbee but i will never need to go to a barber ever again...thats a great feeling for me..Big Smile

with clippers i used to have problems tapering in..but now i have no worries..i love it ..Beer

JONNY

• stevebrady

• North London
    • Posts 78
    • stevebrady is not online. Last active: Fri, May 16 2014, 8:24 AM
    • Connect

Hi Jonny

Did you have to get your flowbee from the us or can you get them here in england?

I've been using the ordinary barber cutters which is not easy.

Steve

• jonnyboy

• Posts 589
    • Connect
    hi steve i ordered it from germany or holland i think it was i found it on ebay at the bottom amongst the generic company adds for flowbee it was only 55 pounds and i think its fantastic..my first go gave me a great blended haircut even my mum said wowYesinfo@teleshop24.co.uk..i think it was this website Party!!!

JONNY

• stevebrady

• North London
    • Posts 78
    • stevebrady is not online. Last active: Fri, May 16 2014, 8:24 AM
    • Connect

thanks jonny, I'll search around, it was £73 on that teleshop site.

Steve

• jonnyboy

• Posts 589
    • Connect

sorry steve lad..it was on ebay roght at the bottom after i had searched for flowbee..there are 3 company adverts for flowbee there..and it was 55 pounds.....i could have got a used on for 30 quid but i thought get new one..it feels quality too...sorry i cant find website..i buy that many things on net..hehe

if you seach around you will find one tho..mine was from germany i think i got in in 3 days ..i dreaded the barbers so i am in the same boat as u fella..but the haircut is supreme ..even if i compliment my own hair heheCool..seeyah laterBeer

JONNY

• DownUnder2000

• Posts 11
    • DownUnder2000 is not online. Last active: 01-09-2009, 2:19 PM
    • Connect
    Hello, I have been reading all the post and in a few areas I have posted my phone number as well as email, so potential clients can contact me for their cut-ins.........I am amazed at this topic on this forum............Hopefully, I will not offend anyone here by asking a question.......................I have been a stylist for many years, and still take classes for technical cuts and as well as continuing education in this field............Now, my question.......................How can you cut your own hair and get a clean cut in the neck area, as well as blend your system, when your hair needs reshaping????   I am sorry, but there is no way....There is no way, but I would care for a reply..............Thank you, regards, LindaConfused
  • DownUnder2000

• Posts 11
    • DownUnder2000 is not online. Last active: 01-09-2009, 2:19 PM
    • Connect
    Obviously, if people are saying you did a good job cutting your own hair, as well as wear a hair system that you also, cut in, Im afraid they are not being honest with you....Unfortunatly, I will consult certain clients that if they cannot afford to wear hair, then they shouldnt........I dont mean to be so negative but, why wear hair if it looks nonprofessional , and unnatural.  with regards, Linda
  • soleman

• Posts 56
    • soleman is not online. Last active: 08-09-2014, 2:23 PM
    • Connect
    I wonder if you took the time to look at any of the pics from some of the people hear that use those devices? I won't pretend that they all look like they walked out of the hair salon but some do look pretty darn good. I use a flow bee on occasion for my growing hair "only" and my system comes already styled / cut-in from HD. It just so happens that my sister is a stylist and laughed out loud when I told her I bought oneEmbarrassed, so from your post and her laughter I can only surmise that all stylists are insensitive, just kidden! Is it possible that you, like my sister, being trained professionals are more aware of the faults of a hair style then the average person on the street? Or perhaps you feel slightly threatened or offended that a machine is marketed as being able to do what you do at a much lower price? Please try to be more understanding of  those people that you consulted that didn't have as much money as you thought they should in order to ware hair or have it cut to meet your level of expectation. I'm wondering if you ware hair or if you can really understand how devastating it can be to someone who really feels they must, regardless of their budget.

Soleman
    Cleveland Ohio

• jonnyboy

• Posts 589
    • Connect

"down under" .......some of the worst haircuts i have had have been by a so called stylist(like yourself).........the flowbee does actually give a great haircut as half the hair replacement industry clients would agree ..(they cant all be wrong).................so i wouldnt knock it as you obviously have very little knowledge of this device..the fact is a short mans haircut isnt "rocket science" so i wouldnt make yourself out to be anything above what you are......FLOWBEE IS SO EASY.....HE HE HEParty!!!

AS FOR USING THIS FORUM TO GET CLIENTS, "DOWNUNDER,"..I`D HAVE LESSONS ON NOT BEING SO OFFENSIVE  WITH YOUR OUTSPOKEN VIEWS ON A DEEPLY SENSITIVE SUBJECTTongue Tied

"GOODAY SPORT"Party!!!

i

JONNY

• jonnyboy

• Posts 589
    • Connect

"encouraged" you put it perfectly..mens short haircuts are a no brainerGeeked,,,yes i agree..thats why some hairdressers are so happy to rob us off our money for a simple haircut...the flowbee gives the best haircut i have had in so long..the blend and taper etcBig Smile

my mum who is my greatest critic..in every area of my life ..hehe..tells me when my hair goes red or when my line of my neck isnt straight..she has told me this after going to a hairdresserTongue Tied

yet after my first haircut..yes FIRST..on a flowbee she said what a neat well blended haircut i had....i felt great that day to be away from the BALL AND CHAIN..of a hairclub or a barber..ITS SO EASY i think you just have to be brave and try it..then you fell so FREEParty!!!

JONNY

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML