Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • HD-Bretina

Walker No Shine or Supertape

• Bainbridge, PA
    • Posts 254
    • HD-Bretina is not online. Last active: 2009-03-30, 3:04 PM
    • Connect

• Hello everyone-

Sometimes I just like to get your input on things that we do here. Well, of course I mean all of HD does.

• Wink But anyways, I wanted to know what you guys thought of the Walker No Shine. Which do you like better? The Supertape or the Walker No Shine? ConfusedHmm

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks!

Bretina Paradise

*Bretina

• Clint

Re: Walker No Shine or Supertape

• Belleville, Illinois ( Metro St. Louis )
    • Posts 295
    • Clint is not online. Last active: 02-05-2019, 12:50 PM
    • Connect

Hi Bretina,

Glad you only chose 2 to rate. If you would have asked what is your favorite attachment product, 10 different people would prolly have 10 different answers. I like both Super and Walker tapes pretty equally for bond time, but have to say that the Walker tape is a bit thinner and looks better at the hairline.Smile

• Babe with a Mane

• Philly Girl
    • Posts 1,033
    • Babe with a Mane is not online. Last active: 06-16-2010, 4:13 PM
    • Connect

Walker seems to have better adhesion with the lace and I also think it's invisible. Even though I "discovered" supertape and brought it to HD, I have to admit, I've jumped ship and abandoned supertape. I almost feel guilty! But I sure am glad supertape works for so many people!

My vote is Walker No shine.

It was great to see you all yesterday Bretina! The stromboli was AWESOME!

Babe

Not born with hair, but I've got
    the intelligence to find it,
    the money to pay for it,
    the patience to "stick" it on just right,
    the will to make it work,
    the confidence to wear it boldly
    and the smile to wear under it!

• HD-Bretina

• Bainbridge, PA
    • Posts 254
    • HD-Bretina is not online. Last active: 2009-03-30, 3:04 PM
    • Connect

Oh my goodness Clint! I was almost dumb enough to do that. lol. I can only imagine what that outcome would have been if I just asked favorite attachment. yikes. Indifferent

Babe, it was so good to see you too! I'm glad you like the food HD got. Pizza The best part is Bruno took a lovely picture of me sawing away at the stromboli and put it on his blog. How sweet. Ick!

Bretina Paradise

*Bretina

• HD-Susan

• USA
    • Posts 3,886
    • HD-Susan is not online. Last active: 01-02-2019, 3:01 PM
    • Connect

I like SuperTape but I haven't tried the Walker No Shine. With my density, shine is not really an issue and Babe mentioned it was a slightly more difficult cleanup. I have enough problems trying to cleanup SuperTape!

Have many people tried WNS? I've only seen a handful of comments on it on the forum. 

Susan • Sr. Content Developer and hair wearer

• HD-Susan

• USA
    • Posts 3,886
    • Connect

Babe-

Seriously--let me know next time you make the trek to HD. I'd love to tag along! I just didn't have enough time to get out of work yesterday. I'm my own boss so I can get off of work if I have enough notice.

Thanks! 

• Guy in Ohio

• Posts 72
    • Guy in Ohio is not online. Last active: 01-08-2019, 5:46 PM
    • Connect

I've normally had "bangs," or a style where I brush my hair forward so I never sweated the super-realistic front hairline.  However, for some reason HD (or the powers-that-be) decided my latest unit should be parted in the middle and I've tried a style that exposes the hairline.  About the same time, this Walker tape became available, and I swear - under the most close scrutiny, you cannot see any tape or shine or whatever.  It really appears as though the hair is coming right out of my scalp.  Believe me when I say that, because I spend a lot of time using mirrors and various lighting sources to determine if I am detectable or not. 

I have a traditional poly base with the mesh (or lace or whatever you call it) in the middle, so what I am saying here is that even with a poly base, the Walker tape is completely transparent.  I would have otherwise been horrified to wear my hair brushed back, but this tape helps to make the hairline look so real that it was nearly easy to bust out a new hairstyle without the usual stress that might ensue.

I wish the tape were available in rolls in addition to the pre-formed strips.

My name is not Guy but I do live in Ohio. I am simply a guy from Ohio. I would very much prefer not to be bald.

• HD-Nikki

• Posts 105
    • HD-Nikki is not online. Last active: 02-08-2019, 9:51 AM
    • Connect

Hi Guy in Ohio- glad to here the Walker No Shine worked for you. I'm sure if and when it becomes available in rolls you'll find it in our storeYes.

By the way, has anyone seen our HD Insiders Blog Bretina mentioned earlier? If not check it out, it's pretty interesting http://www.hairdirect.blogspot.com/

Nikki Seador | Customer Service Coordinator | nseador@hairdirect.com

• DustyAZ

• Arizona
    • Posts 469
    • DustyAZ is not online. Last active: 04-01-2011, 12:30 PM
    • Connect

Hi Bretina,

Oh, cool!  A survey... Smile

I had to admit that I am torn between SuperTape and Walker's No Shine tape.  Here's why:

Since I am from Arizona, we have crystal clear, blue skies that are brilliantly light nearly all year long.  Wink Due to this, tape shine tends to be a problem for me.  Here's my thoughts:

1) SuperTape is wonderful, but shines in the front.  It's easy to clean up (with the mirror slide) and is very user-friendly for absolute beginners.  If one has bangs in the front, or chooses to scallop their tape in the front (with scissors), SuperTape is an awesome choice.  Yet, if one was to comb their hair back, they might find it to not be the best solution due to potential shine.

2) Walker's no shine tape is great and the shine is slight at best.  I absolutely love this tape, but there are some surprising draw backs to it too.  In Arizona, most of the year, we have very low humidity levels.  However, this last month, during our monsoon season, I had real issues with trying to keep it from bubbling and wrinkling on my scalp.  For some reason, I doesn't seem to like Arizona's hot temps (110+) and higher humidity during August.  Wink

I would recommend having a nice collection of both tapes, just in case one needs it.  Just my thoughts!  Big Smile 

Dusty
    ---
    "Uh, oh - Is my hair on backwards??"

• HD-Susan

• USA
    • Posts 3,886
    • Connect

Dusty-

This is really helpful info! I'm planning to move to AZ from the east coast soon and will keep this in mind! Thanks for the thorough critique! 

• HD-Camille

• Bainbridge, Pa.
    • Posts 674
    • HD-Camille is not online. Last active: 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM
    • Connect

I know the Walker No Shine only comes in contours while the Super Tape has contours and rolls.  That may be a deciding factor in choosing one or the other.  But I think they both hold very well.

Camille  Wilted Flower

Camille Hair Tech

• ChicagoJas

• Posts 71
    • ChicagoJas is not online. Last active: 06-10-2014, 6:41 PM
    • Connect
    I like the Super Tape better, easier to cleanup.  I think they both hold well but definitely have an easier time with the Super Tape.  To me, it's not worth the extra cleanup with no big difference between the two.
  • Ira

• Posts 1
    • Ira is not online. Last active: 05-12-2018, 3:56 PM
    • Connect
    I'd like to see both, please.  Thanks!
View as RSS news feed in XML