Re: Declining hair quality & empty units

Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • jbnonc

• Posts 13
    • jbnonc@aol.com is not online. Last active: 04-24-2019, 10:48 AM
    • Connect

Thank you.  I actually sent a very detailed email to my hair tech, Tonya, last night.  She and I have had prior conversations and I updated her in my email yesterday. If you would like a copy, I can send another.  Otherwise, I will assume you will contact Tonya and take it from there.

Jeff Barwick 

• murphy

• Posts 1
    • murphy is not online. Last active: 03-14-2019, 3:17 AM
    • Connect

Jeff,

I just saw you post.  I'm interested in what you are experiencing, because I am noticing the same thing about the quality of hair.  I've been a client for many years, and I am increasingly disappointed in the quality of the hair product  and HD's response that equates to "it is what it is."

Kendra C 

• jbnonc

• Posts 13
    • Connect

Hi Kendra- over the last 6-9 months I have noticed declining quality overall. 2 of my last 4 systems were not even wearable. The hair looked ok out of  the box, but once on my head not so much.  The hair was coarse, dry and lifeless. Like something between fur and hair.  Even the 2 “good” systems weren’t the same great quality I’m accustomed to.  After a few weeks they were lifeless. I  had to pull out old used systems I retired a year ago out of desperation- the quality of those year-old systems was still far better than the new ones I received.  

I will say this- the hair tech I’m working with has been amazing. I feel terrible complaining to her- judging from all these complaints I see  they must be having rough time of it- I don’t know how they do it day after day.  Seems to me the folks who run the show should be the ones on the front lines answering to all these dissatisfied customers. It’s very disheartening that we never hear from them.   They probably realize the ONLY reason many of us have not left already is because the hair techs are so helpful. 

HD is currently remaking the 2 bad systems I received, which I appreciate very much. As you know, this helps but let’s be real- waiting another 7-10 weeks for replacements is not the answer.  I also question the practice of keeping the customers’ money during the time iir takes to remake a system.  What about customers who need to buy another system ASAP elsewhere?  I imagine for some the additional cost is prohibitive . I personally think the customers’ money should be refunded while systems are being remade and until such time HD is able to fulfill their order satisfactorily. Anything less I think is unreasonable. 

i was forced to find another supplier since I am currently waiting on remakes. Fortunately I found a company that  has an amazing  inventory of stock systems, with all percentages of grey, and all densities from light to medium and higher, which can be hard to find.  I was easily able to find a perfect  match and have it overnighted to me.  I am happy to report the quality of the hair is outstanding.  The cost was about half of what I pay HD at the 8 systems per year rate.  

Im giving HD one last chance to get this right.  I feel like I have been more than patient with HD, out of sheer loyalty. After all, they used to be really great and I’d like to continue the relationship.  I’ve reached my limit however.   I have 2 remakes plus my regular order scheduled to be delivered  in 2 weeks.  If any of those systems are not up to par, then it’s a pretty safe bet I will move on and go elsewhere.

I’d  love to hear about your experience, if you’re willing to share, Kendra.   

• tms56

• Posts 3
    • tms56 is not online. Last active: 04-24-2019, 1:28 PM
    • Connect
    hi......what company over-nighted you stock system?  
  • jbnonc

• Posts 13
    • Connect

Hi tms56- I don’t think it would be appropriate to share that information.  Suffice it to say that finding a company to ship you a unit overnight is not difficult - just look online- there are many to choose from- the trick is deciding which ones are reputable.  

From my perspective I have had many good years with HD. When they are good, they are great!  The catch to being great is that people really notice when things go wrong.  Perhaps thats why when things go wrong, customers react so strongly.

The intention here is to voice concerns in hopes that someone will listen and things will ultimately improve- it is not to undermine or to steer business away from HD.  Hopefully whomever is in charge at HD appreciates it is easier to keep a customer than try to win back a lost customer. 

View as RSS news feed in XML