Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • rm21

Natural Adhesive?

• Posts 1
    • rm21 is not online. Last active: 03-26-2018, 11:42 PM
    • Connect

Hey there, everyone. First time posting. I'm a guy in my thirties who has now got noticeably thinning hair. It's really falling out fast now (hairline receded at least an inch the last couple of years). I know it's going to keep falling out and I don't believe surgery is necessarily possible for me for now ($$) *sad*

I'm considering a hair replacement system but I'm terrified of having something "glued" to my head 24/7 for years on end. What is the toxicity of these adhesives? Are there any natural adhesives available?

If not, is it possible to use a scalp protector to create a barrier between the scalp and the adhesive? Is there a natural scalp protector available?

Thanks for your time - I'm sorry if this has already been asked and covered in here before. I tried searching but didn't find much. 

• Tressy

Re: Natural Adhesive?

• Posts 2
    • Tressy is not online. Last active: 02-27-2019, 8:05 PM
    • Connect
    Prohair labs show you the ingredients and you can see this on their official site online.professiinable hair labs i think. They say its nothing toxic in it
  • Fanjeera

Re: Natural Adhesive?

• Posts 228
    • Fanjeera is not online. Last active: 03-11-2019, 6:22 PM
    • Connect
    rm21:

Hey there, everyone. First time posting. I'm a guy in my thirties who has now got noticeably thinning hair. It's really falling out fast now (hairline receded at least an inch the last couple of years). I know it's going to keep falling out and I don't believe surgery is necessarily possible for me for now ($$) *sad*

I'm considering a hair replacement system but I'm terrified of having something "glued" to my head 24/7 for years on end. What is the toxicity of these adhesives? Are there any natural adhesives available?

If not, is it possible to use a scalp protector to create a barrier between the scalp and the adhesive? Is there a natural scalp protector available?

Thanks for your time - I'm sorry if this has already been asked and covered in here before. I tried searching but didn't find much. 

Same problem here. I researched this before starting to wear and chose Prohairlabs' products, because their motto is health, they list their ingredients and they answer questions about toxicity specifically, profoundly and quickly, they have water based adhesives. Water based is the healthiest you can probably get. And in addition Prohairlabs' stuff is super strong too -- even difficult to get the system off.

Other companies don't even list their ingredients. 

View as RSS news feed in XML