Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • Moola

Tape not working

• Posts 453
    • Moola is not online. Last active: 02-10-2019, 11:30 AM
    • Connect
    I have been a customer for quite sometime and usually don’t have a problem. Recently, I noticed that on one side of head the tape is not sticking. I usually use proflex  or ultra hold however, they are not holding. Why all of a sudden is the tape not working? I have a lace front with a poly base. I have never had this happen before. I am not sure what options I have. 
  • HD-Mariah

Re: Tape not working

• Posts 12
    • HD-Mariah is not online. Last active: 02-12-2019, 2:17 PM
    • Connect

Hello Moola,

Thank you for your post.

Our body chemistry and PH balance of our skin is constantly changing over time, when this happens, sometimes a product that may have worked great for us previously, is not working so well, if at all anymore. This is a possibility and is completely normal.

My suggestion would be to try out a different tape adhesive to see if your results are better.  Supertape would be one I would recommend if you have not tried it already.

There are many different options for Supertape available here: 
    http://www.hairdirect.com/store/hairpiece-tape.aspx#q=LTM_MzE|0&o=0&p=1&i=20

If you have any further questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call. Any of us consultants are more than happy to assist you.

1-800-424-7436

Thank you and have a wonderful day! 

• Mickie42

• Posts 1
    • Mickie42 is not online. Last active: 12-14-2018, 9:15 PM
    • Connect
    I am so happy to hear that someone else is having problems with the Ultra Hold tapes.   I’ve used it for years and I was so happy that it worked because I’d gone through a lot of different tapes and glue that did not work well.   I did let HD know about the tapes, and they said I could send them back.  It’s frustrating to try and find what works for you.  I’m going to give the Ultra Hold another chance because I started using the glue again and hate the cleanup of my scalp and unit.  On the hunt again.  
  • Moola

• Posts 453
    • Moola is not online. Last active: 02-10-2019, 11:30 AM
    • Connect
    I have tried the super tape several times over the years but I gave a reaction to it. Ulatrahold and produce are tapes I have used for years with great success. I know our chemistry changes but it’s strange that one side will not hold yet the other side does. If it is body chemistry then neither side would hold. 
  • hd-Michelle

• Posts 50
    • hd-Michelle is not online. Last active: 02-12-2019, 11:04 AM
    • Connect

Hi Moola,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a reaction to the Supertape and that the Walker Ultra Hold tape that you are have been using is not working correctly. If the tape is sticking to one side and not the other it could be that there is some residue left over on the base of your system that is causing the tape to not stick. Make sure that the base is very clean prior to attaching. You can wash the base with blue dawn dish detergent which will get rid of any grease or oil residue that is on the base. If you do this, be sure to follow up with a conditioner in the hair to ensure that it does not become dry. Do your best to keep the conditioner off of your base because this can cause the tape to not stick as well. You can also soak a cotton ball in 99% isopropyl alcohol and wipe down your base and your scalp prior to attachment. It is important that both the base of your hair system and your scalp are clean of any oils or residue and that they are dry prior to attachment. 

If you still experience issues with attaching please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 1-800-424-7436 or if you are a local or international client you can contact us at 1-717-553-6633. Any one of our Hair Replacement Consultants would be happy to assist you.   

Kind Regards,

Michelle  

Michelle | Hair Replacement Consultant | michelleh@hairdirect.com

View as RSS news feed in XML