Cut-ins In Chicago Or Area

Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • Gallaway

Cut-ins In Chicago Or Area

• Posts 25
    • Gallaway is not online. Last active: 07-13-2017, 4:17 PM
    • Connect

hey Gang-

I live in Chicage and have just gotten two new units from HD.  They look fantastic.  Cindy has been a champion of customer service.  Problem is, I new a little cut in and a slight shave of the contours on the units.  My old salon, despite my being a customer for about six years and buying overpriced stock pieces and putting thousands of dollars into them for cuts and product tell me that they'll only do a cut-in for $100 if its not their piece.  NoThanks for the memories!

Anyone know a friendly hair-replacement salon that would be more hospitable in the Chicago area?  I followed an earlier post to Maria at Casa De La Franza downtown but that is a full service salon in the Haytt Regency.  No way I'm walking through a normal hair salon to get fixed up in the back room.Confused 

Any help would be much appreciated, including you fine folks at HD who may have a working partner in the area.  Thanks again!

-Gallaway

Gallaway

• Jonathan

Re: Cut-ins In Chicago Or Area

• Dublin, Ohio
    • Posts 172
    • Jonathan is not online. Last active: 03-04-2019, 1:52 PM
    • Connect

It is a myth that you need a cut in. You really need to read what Bill has to say about cut-ins:

http://www.hairdirect.com/community/blogs/bills_blog/archive/2006/04/06/741.aspx 

http://www.hairdirect.com/community/blogs/bills_blog/archive/2006/04/18/cutting-in-a-hair-system-without-seeing-you.aspx

I used to get my hair cut in until I talked to Bill. Now all I do is have the the back and around the ears trimed by a barber. It's really is eaiser than you think just get the correct density and the length specification to the factory.

• Gallaway

• Posts 25
    • Connect

Dude-I need a cut-in now.  The units have hair six inches long.  Do I ask a barber to cut that too?  No thanks.

I appreciate your advice but I've read Bill's blogs.  There's just no substitute for a stylist that has a pro perspective of your head with your replacement.  It may be convienet to think otherwise, but its also a little naive.

-Gallaway

Gallaway

• hardtoaccept

• Posts 11
    • hardtoaccept is not online. Last active: 07-24-2007, 5:18 PM
    • Connect

Mr. Gallaway

I'm the one who posted the salon for Maria.  Believe me I feel the same way as you do.  This place is private.  There are 2 salons and no one even knows what you are there for except Maria.  You are behind closed doors or a partition.  Call me and I'll give you the specifics.  312-486-4047.    This woman is fantastic and very reasonable in prices. 

• Jonathan

• Dublin, Ohio
    • Posts 172
    • Jonathan is not online. Last active: 03-04-2019, 1:52 PM
    • Connect

All I did was tell Melissa, my HD tech rep, the length for the front, temples, sides and back and my hair density and perfect hair every time with out the hassle of a cut-in. Total freedom from local salons!!!  

Gallaway wrote:

Dude-I need a cut-in now.  The units have hair six inches long.  Do I ask a barber to cut that too?  No thanks.

I appreciate your advice but I've read Bill's blogs.  There's just no substitute for a stylist that has a pro perspective of your head with your replacement.  It may be convienet to think otherwise, but its also a little naive.

-Gallaway

• Gallaway

• Posts 25
    • Connect

Geeked [8-|]hey guys-

Thanks for the replies.  I think I got a line on getting the cut-in done.  Once again, the HD pipeline works for its members!  There is no substitute!

-Gallaway

Gallaway

• devildan

• Rockaway, New Jersey
    • Posts 497
    • devildan is not online. Last active: 03-24-2019, 10:19 AM
    • Connect

Hi Gallaway, I mailed 2 units purchased elsewhere back to HD and Melissa cut them both in perfect ! Absolutely the best cut ins I ever got in 25 years of wearing hair !  I just enclosed a note stating what length I needed and she did the rest.

Don't know how they do the cut in without the unit being on my head ?

I trim my own hair myself.

Tony

• COMPULINK

• Posts 3
    • COMPULINK is not online. Last active: 01-18-2016, 4:40 PM
    • Connect
     Gallaway wrote:

Geeked [8-|]hey guys-

Thanks for the replies.  I think I got a line on getting the cut-in done.  Once again, the HD pipeline works for its members!  There is no substitute!

-Gallaway

DID YOU EVER FIND A RELIABLE HAIR REPLACEMENT SALON FOR SERVICE,SWAPS ETC IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA. DID ANY ONE. PLEASE POST ANY KNOWN SALONS  THANKS

• macmike

• Posts 386
    • macmike is not online. Last active: 11 Jul 2007, 7:41 AM
    • Connect
    There is a salon down here in Braidwood, IL that cut my very first unit. The name is Cindy's and the number is 1-815-458-9220. Ask for Pam. She did a great job. She used to work for a place in Iowa that all they did was men's systems.

Mike Hughes

Hafa Adai!

• dionysas

• Posts 4
    • dionysas is not online. Last active: 01-09-2019, 4:08 AM
    • Connect
    I myself am in Chicago and can apply the hair system.  I just need a cut.  What does Maria charge?
View as RSS news feed in XML