Synthetic, heat-resistant, long, gray/silver hair

Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • Marybeth

Synthetic, heat-resistant, long, gray/silver hair

• Posts 12
    • Marybeth is not online. Last active: 03-03-2019, 1:04 PM
    • Connect
    I am thinking of switching my order from human gray (100%) to heat-resistant synthetic gray (100%). My human gray yellows quickly. I do use the purple shampoo and conditioner, but that doesn't always help and sometimes leaves a purple cast. What are the down sides of this heat-resistant synthetic? Also, I wear it 14"-16" long.
  • hd-Michelle

Re: Synthetic, heat-resistant, long, gray/silver hair

• Posts 50
    • hd-Michelle is not online. Last active: 02-12-2019, 11:04 AM
    • Connect

Hi Marybeth,

Thank you for your question.

To be honest I think switching to synthetic grey is a great idea. Human grey does tend to yellow after time and it can also be very brittle. The only downside to synthetic hair is that it can not be colored, so if you decide to refresh your hair system with some color it will not attach to the grey. 

I would say the majority of our clients that have grey in their systems do order with synthetic grey.

If you have any other questions please call us at 1-800-424-7436 or if you are an international client you can call 717-553-6633.

Kind Regards,

Michelle  

Michelle | Hair Replacement Consultant | michelleh@hairdirect.com

• Marybeth

• Posts 12
    • Connect
    Thanks for your response. I do not color the system. I currently have 100% human gray/silver and leave it as is. But you are correct. It does get brittle no matter how well I condition is and it yellows. Can the heat-resistent synthetic gray/silver by styled by heated appliances? Also, would it look a slight more natural if it had 5% or 10% medium blonde in it?
  • Saddaf

• Posts 4
    • Saddaf is not online. Last active: 12-27-2017, 5:46 AM
    • Connect

SmileI was very upset because of hair loss. I was feeling very scared of surgery. It was very easy when I heard the prp treatment cost in dubai. This in not a lot painful .

PLz Tell me Whats your Opinion ??????

• fairfieldfossil

• Washington State
    • Posts 3
    • fairfieldfossil is not online. Last active: 04-14-2018, 4:23 PM
    • Connect

I have the same question Marybeth and I wear a 14" piece.  I am 63 and SHOULD add some gray, but was worried about not being able to blow-dry or style with heated appliances.  Did you ever get an answer?  I couldn't see a response to your question.  

Thanks,  Nancy 

• HD-justine

• Posts 19
    • HD-justine is not online. Last active: 09-05-2018, 10:08 AM
    • Connect
    Hi fairfieldfossil,

I hope you are well. 

There positive and negatives to both human gray and synthetic gray.

However, at 14 inches of length your only option would be synthetic or high heat synthetic gray. We are unable to provide human gray hair for lengths over 8 inches. 

High heat synthetic will be consistent in color from order to order, and can be used to style the hair with temperatures up to 280 degrees. 

If you would like to discuss this in further detail, with your specifications please contact us at 1-800-424-7436 and a hair replacement consultant would be happy to help you.

I hope you have a nice day. 

Kind Regards,

Justine  

Justine | Hair Replacement Consultant | justine@hairdirect.com

• Marybeth

• Posts 12
    • Connect

Hi Nancy. I never did get an answer to the heat resistant synthetic gray. However, I did call HD and they told me that they do not carry heat resistant synthetic gray. So that was my final answer. I needed to continue with the human gray.

Another however, however, is the more recent reply to my question on this forum from Justine at HD . She said we would have to go to heat resistant if we wanted more than an 8" length - which we both need.

So more confusion. Either they can provide heat resistant or they cannot. Who knows?

And "human gray no longer than 8" according to Justine...  But I have been getting human gray 14-16" for a long time. So, jeeze.

Marybeth

View as RSS news feed in XML