Bleached Knots visible in certain lights

Sort this thread: Rate this post:
  • baldor

Bleached Knots visible in certain lights

• Posts 152
    • baldor is not online. Last active: 03-19-2018, 7:02 PM
    • Connect

I have a dark brown unit.

In the bathroom, under direct light, the hairline looks great. When I get into the car with the sunroof closed, the bleached knots are very clearly visible. If you turn to the side and look at your hairline, the effect becomes even more pronounced. I'm guessing the indirect light is reflecting off the brightest parts of the hairline (or something like that).

Does anyone have this problem? More importantly, does anyone have a solution? 

• HD-justine

Re: Bleached Knots visible in certain lights

• Posts 19
    • HD-justine is not online. Last active: 09-05-2018, 10:08 AM
    • Connect
    Hi Baldor,

Thank you for your post.

There could be a few explanations for the issue you are describing. In order to best answer you I looked to see if you are ordered with us. I do not see that the system would have been ordered through HairDirect, however the issue could be the following.

One, the issue could be over processed bleached knots, where the bleach expanded and bleed into the hair, creating the lighter area you are seeing. When done correctly, you should not be able to "see" bleached knots as it is to lighten the appearance of the knots to give you the most realistic hairline.

Two, it could be a process which is called recolor. With recolor blonde hair is knotted into the base of the system to create invisible knots. The blonde hair is then colored to match the rest of the hair system. When the coloring process is done, if it is not done closely to the base of the system it will have a light appearance like you are describing.

I would encourage you to call your supplier to see which process was done, and how they would be able to help you correct it.

If you have any questions please feel free to call us at 1-800-424-7436.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Kind Regards,

Justine 

Justine | Hair Replacement Consultant | justine@hairdirect.com

View as RSS news feed in XML