Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3
Reply to this thread
  • HD-Susan

Re: Clip-In Topper

• USA
    • Posts 3,886
    • HD-Susan is not online. Last active: 04-24-2019, 4:00 PM
    • Connect

Just to share my experience with the sewn-in piece, it only held 10-14 days in my hair, definitely not 4-6 weeks, so it really depends on your hair and how well it holds the braid. I also got permanent traction alopecia from that method which essentially forced me into having to wear hair full time. So even if a piece is not bonded, it can still do permanent damage to your hair follicles. In my opinion, if you're looking for something that will least affect your growing hair, wearing a clip-on is the safest because you don't wear it full time. You take it off to sleep, shower and swim so your scalp breathes more, and the systems last longer. They do have their downside though. For someone like me, I did not have enough hair to comfortably wear clips, even if I did move them around during the day. It was very painful and a constant reminder I was wearing something on my head.

There are other ways to attach an integration piece if the sewing doesn't work for you, however none of them lasted more that 2 weeks for me personally. I always had the system bobby pinned or clipped to my hair. But just so you know, there are other ways to attach i

Bonding works for me because is the most comfortable and most natural looking for me. I had not lost 98% of my hair as someone else suggested, but more like 50%. I wouldn't have wanted to wait until that much of my hair was gone. I have no regrets. My hair was going to continue to thin anyway and bonding gives me full control (no salon or stylist needed) and is not painful or uncomfortable for me like the other methods mentioned were.

Everyone has their own preferences. There is no right or wrong way to go. Most of us who bond experimented with various options before settling on bonding.

Susan • Sr. Content Developer and hair wearer

• SuzieQ2

• Posts 326
    • SuzieQ2 is not online. Last active: 04-27-2015, 12:06 PM
    • Connect

To say that bonding will cause permanent hair loss is not 100% accurate. In some cases bonding MAY cause permanent hair loss but I have been bonding with glue for over 10 years and I am always amazed at how much regrowth I have when I take my system off to re-bond. I did not have even close to 98% hair loss but you could see my scalp and it made me feel ugly. Now I feel beautiful again and my hair system is so comfortable that I forget it is not my own hair. I am so thankful for this solution.

If you don't have a hair loss problem yourself, I don't think you can accurately judge when someone should bond or not bond. My own hair was not worth saving and was never going to look good no matter what I did to it. Now I can look good and feel confident and that's worth it all.

• kellisue7

• Posts 346
    • kellisue7 is not online. Last active: 03-27-2019, 11:23 PM
    • Connect
    I agree with you suzie its a personal decision that each person should make. My mother and grandmother both had bad hair loss and mine wasnt going to get better.I only had hair loss in the front but you couldnt get me to go back to that horrible look . It really does make you feel bad to go around looking a way you dont want to look. Most of us here at HD dont have  98 percent hair loss and we were all miserable with the way we looked, and found a great solution. My mom has about half her original hair and chooses not to bond and thats fine for her but not everyone wants to live with scalp showing and looking ten years older. Sometimes you have to take a chance with risks to gain happiness :)

thank you HD

• Bibianne

• Posts 274
    • Bibianne is not online. Last active: 04-22-2019, 2:42 PM
    • Connect

it is true that bonding is a life sentence. but so is a clip-in topper. as a person with severe hair loss I cannot imagine that after wearing a hair piece and looking like a normal woman I could return to my previous cancer patient look. so a decision on wearing hair is always hard because it is irreversible, independent from the method of fixing it. the only alternative is a wig. yes it is hard to live with this consciousness and that is why I would recommend wearing hair to people who have lost any hope for regrowth.

i have lost like 70% of my hair and believe me it was a SEVERE HL, I should not have waited so long. 98% woul be totally bald.

• chrisforhair

• United States
    • Posts 98
    • chrisforhair is not online. Last active: 03-22-2019, 2:08 PM
    • Connect

In some ways I will recant, IF the client knows in advance the risk she is taking and chooses to bind, I will go ahead and help her. I know that if I turn these people away they will find someone else that will bond and that person may not be as careful as I try to be.

It is a personal decision to be sure, I just want it to be an informed decision.

www.chrisforhair.com

• chrisforhair

• United States
    • Posts 98
    • chrisforhair is not online. Last active: 03-22-2019, 2:08 PM
    • Connect
    Believe it or not, some people can attach a topper with Velcro! It does not hold tight like clips, but it can work nicely and does not pull the hair or damage the follicles. It works best on naturally curly or frizzy hair, you simply use the side of the Velcro that has the teeth and rub it into the hair. It will adhere to the hair but release easily when you want to take the topper off.

www.chrisforhair.com

• SuzieQ2

• Posts 326
    • SuzieQ2 is not online. Last active: 04-27-2015, 12:06 PM
    • Connect

Chrisforhair,

I think that's wise advice to make your clients aware of the options and risks involved but I just want to caution you not to totally scare them away from exploring bonding. To be honest, if my salon described it to me the way that you are I would have run away scared and never came back!! Then I never would have got my life back and that's no exaggeration, my life was on hold when I had thinning hair and it affected many areas of my life. Chances are my bio hair will never grow back so what if I was still sitting around waiting instead of living????

To me, clip in toppers are just not comfortable and you can't live a normal lifestyle because you are always afraid of it slipping or falling off.

Suzie

• kellisue7

• Posts 346
    • kellisue7 is not online. Last active: 03-27-2019, 11:23 PM
    • Connect
    I tried a clip in also for a few days. I was just trying to hold on to what was going out the door lol. And i couldnt make it work for me either. Color was off and it was not comfortable. Kudos to those that can make them work :) Suzie im so glad im not the only one that felt that way, but i was miserable i hated life in general and thought there was no solution until i found susans website. Unfortunately i missed her wonderful training manual and cant wait for it to come out!! ive been bonding for 5 months but im sure theres a trick or two i could learn from the Pro :)

thank you HD

• veness13

Bonded Topper Question

• Posts 1
    • veness13 is not online. Last active: 04-21-2015, 8:02 PM
    • Connect
    I have previously been wearing a top piece bonded with adhesive by a Hair Club in my area but I was very unhappy with them and left. I have been wearing a clip on top piece but I need something more secure, and more natural looking. The piece I took from the hair club can still be used but cant seem to find someone to attach it. I have thin hair, so it wont be attached directly to my scalp and I am wondering if I can do it myself? Looking for anyone who has done this, and can give me some advice and recommend the proper products. I was getting my piece reattached every 3-4 weeks at the clinic. 
  • HD-Maggie

Re: Bonded Topper Question

• Posts 57
    • HD-Maggie is not online. Last active: 08-20-2015, 3:27 PM
    • Connect

Veness13-

Thank you so much for your post.

Most of our customers do bond themselves, although we only offer products to bond directly to a clean scalp. We have multiple videos on our website showing you exactly how to do this. Another really great tool is SmartBonds (see link below) , it is a training booklet showing you exactly how to shave down and maintain hair systems on your own. 

http://www.hairdirect.com/resources/womens-hair-replacement/smartbonds-training-system.aspx

Please feel free to contact me directly with additional questions and Maggie@hairdirect.com 

Maggie 

Maggie Rhoads | Hair Tech | maggie@hairdirect.com

• laylahair

• Posts 4
    • laylahair is not online. Last active: 05-31-2018, 10:32 PM
    • Connect

CryingCryingCryingIndifferentSadSadSadSadSadSadHuman Hair Topper With Bangs

If you take care of your hair topper with bangs, it can grow longer and thicker. Then apply the following principles, you will make people surprise with the ability to “cheat thickness” for the hair.

1. Do not brush your hair topper with bangs when wet

After shampooing, the first thing to do is to dry it or use a dry towel. Do not brush your hair when your Hair Toppers with Bangs is still wet, no matter how messy the hair is. The secret of the experts is to dry the hair 90% and then use a round comb to brush while drying the remaining 10%.

1. Apply the hair styling product, styling starting from the ends of the human hair topper with bangs.

Except for products specifically for the scalp, the remaining products such as conditioner, spray or foam should be styled from the tip of the hair topper with bangs first. The ends of the hair are usually dry and need more nutrients. As you approach the bangs, you should limit the spray, spray products to avoid causing weight on the hair, causing the hair bulge.

• cpwilley

• Posts 3
    • cpwilley is not online. Last active: 04-18-2019, 2:24 PM
    • Connect
    I wear my topper with tape instead of the clips and it is great. I also sleep in it, on a satin pillowslip, and it does fine. Sometimes pull it back into a low ponytail.
Page 3 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3
View as RSS news feed in XML