Sort this thread: Rate this post:
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
Reply to this thread
  • jonnyboy

Re: Super Tape is Here!

• Posts 589
    • jonnyboy is not online. Last active: 08-25-2011, 2:33 PM
    • Connect
    hiya supertape is great..its stronger than using red tape and glues and doesnt leave any mess...i work out alot and it gives a flush hold for a weekYes...i tape my systems up ready to go and then can just put an new one on straight away with no clean up hardly.Big Smile.....ONE OF..ONE ON.........ITS LIKE A PITSTOP.........makes life so easy its untrue.....ive used every other method and this is the BESTWink

JONNY

• Joe Don Lee

• Posts 1
    • Joe Don Lee is not online. Last active: 03-23-2009, 7:31 PM
    • Connect
    What cny of you who remove your hairpiece every night recommend as the best tape with long lasting adhesive qualities allowing me to re-use the same tape for at least a week beforte re-taping the unit? 
  • Peakbagger Pete

• Australia
    • Posts 768
    • Peakbagger Pete is not online. Last active: 03-02-2012, 5:41 AM
    • Connect

Removing your hair every night seems like a hassle. With traditional hairpieces its more easily done. You only have to put a few pieces of tape around the perimeter. With the more finer lace units with the thinskin perimeter its wise to put tape around the entire perimeter.

Wanting to get a great hairline around the front, you either use the HD hi-def glue or one of the other recommended ones, or even the no shine tape.  if you constantly remove the hair everynite then im sure it would in time wear out the piece alot faster.

Short term wearing is the best, up to 2 weeks, then put a new one one, give the old a nice clean and conditioning. It also helps with preventing the clogging up in the lace because the tape doesnt breakdown as fast with the bodies oils.

A silk or satin pillowcase is something u would want to get also.

If its HairDirect it looks good.

• HairlessWonder

• Posts 11
    • HairlessWonder is not online. Last active: 01-11-2011, 2:27 PM
    • Connect

What cny of you who remove your hairpiece every night recommend as the best tape with long lasting adhesive qualities allowing me to re-use the same tape for at least a week beforte re-taping the unit?   

I have this same question. 

(The question was not, "is removing my hairpiece every night a good or bad idea").

• bjmiller

• Posts 1
    • bjmiller is not online. Last active: 03-18-2019, 6:36 AM
    • Connect
    For those of you that have used supertape, what did you find to me the best, the roll or the contour.  Thanks
  • drdimitry

Re: Super Tape is Here! or more accurately for me: "Super Disappointing Tape" is NOT going to be here with me!

• Posts 1
    • drdimitry is not online. Last active: 12-19-2018, 2:55 AM
    • Connect

I am sincerely happy that apparently many of you find "super tape" so: "super".  I on the other hand will stick with the "good-old" high-tack BLUE as it lasts longer for me.  For some strange reason, (and please do not try to convince me other-wise...15 years of promises and disappointments have left me a bit jaded) but I could never get more than 11-14 days hold with any product  (liquid adhesive or tape).  The 11-14 day hold maximum was on a poly-perimeter system, with lace front, using "Walker Ultra Hold"; this was the only adhesive that would hold the back on and even for this period I had to change the frontal tapes (on the lace) every 3 days; or the tape would break down and get so gunky it would never clean-up properly.

Unfortunately, I had the bad luck of getting involved with the Big "H.C. for Men" (as it was known in those days) when I first got started with them about 15 years ago. Embarrassed but I learned a lot. Their materials: i.e., ~ adhesives ~ ranged from "Poly II" to (their trade-marked crap called: "Poly-Fuse") as though it was supposed to be miraculous, because it allegedly "Fused" with human hair. Ick!  yea...a load of yet more crap! 

Good ol' "Walker Ultra Hold" was the only thing that would even come close to "H.C's" claims: "We can get your hair system to hold for a least 30 or more days!"  ROTFLMAO!!!!  No Ick! Super Angry 

I have the notoriety of having the most oily skin of any human on the planet, that and some unusual skin metabolism which apparently dissolves any adhesive or tape placed upon it...that plus my active (sweaty) lifestyle of: exercise, swimming and sauna didn't help adhesion problems. ~ sigh ~ Hence "super tape" does not work for me any better than the "blue" does. Although I must admit, it (super-tape) is a little thicker, easier to work with than most tapes and cleans up much faster.

Today, I use "red poly liner" tape...with blue "boomerangs" on top of that, and just resign myself to having to "service" the system once a week.Oh well, C'est la vie.

Best of luck to you all!

Paul Mortensen

• UnkW62

Re: Super Tape is Here! or more accurately for me: "Super Disappointing Tape" is NOT going to be here with me!

• Posts 1
    • UnkW62 is not online. Last active: 07-20-2011, 8:35 AM
    • Connect
    ]I have to agree with the above post. Super Tape was touted here as the best thing since sliced bread! Well I only managed to get 3-4 days adhesion out of it and it was hard as heck to remove from the poly perimeter, full cap unit.No I will stick to the Vapon Topstick which I can get a few days good adhesion and I just wear a hat the rest of the week and a doo rag to bed to hold it in place. Im lazy and only want to deal with taking the unit off and removing/reapplying tape once a week. One trick I learned was to use a dull butter knife to scrape the old tape off. It works well for me. I have 15 inch hair and maintenance is a real pain. Im considering going back to the sutures I had in my scalp and the unit was sewn onto the sutures. There was no tape or removal hassle and I was good for a year before I needed to have the unit replaced and new sutures placed into my scalp as the old ones pull loose and tear out eventually, especially sleeping on the long hair and rolling over on it. Bad part, the surgeon charges $70 x 7 sutures but its worth it to me!Yes

Hair today.....gone later today.

• Dee72

• Posts 31
    • Dee72 is not online. Last active: 02-11-2019, 12:53 AM
    • Connect

WOW! I didn't know that it was possible to suture a hairpiece to the scalp! Have you ever had any problems with infection or anything? 

Do you mind if I ask who/where your doctor is that does that for you?

Thanks!

Dee 

• Peet

• Posts 159
    • Peet is not online. Last active: 08-20-2013, 1:32 AM
    • Connect
    A wig sown to your head? Urghhh!
  • myowncredithairdirect

• Posts 2
    • myowncredithairdirect is not online. Last active: 12-01-2018, 12:06 AM
    • Connect

Crying This tape would have been a good tape but it is too thin and sticky to fingers. Very difficult to apply on the lace. I had to make sure that the correct side of the tape is positioned  as indicated on the tape cover. It took me time to get used on how to install the tape because it is very difficult to stick to the lace. I have used all the 36 tapes  in the pack  that I had ordered from a vendor. If I were asked if I will buy it again, my answer is a BIG NO.  My favorite NSPRO2ES-5000PX that I used to order from HAIRDirect has been discontinued as I was.told when I attempted to order it. At that time the HD website indicated "Out of Stock"  instead of Discontinued. 

• markeypoo

• Posts 63
    • markeypoo is not online. Last active: 09-07-2018, 6:56 AM
    • Connect
    Yes i absolutely LOVE supertape ,of course i have a poly side and back i stick it on, it does stay on my lace however 
  • Amabile John

• Posts 1
    • Amabile John is not online. Last active: 03-04-2019, 3:12 PM
    • Connect

anyone use this tape for ocean swimming?

have any issues?

thanks

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
View as RSS news feed in XML