Sort this thread: Rate this post:
Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Reply to this thread
  • moesl

Re: Clip-In Topper

• Posts 22
    • moesl is not online. Last active: 09-26-2018, 3:26 PM
    • Connect
    Loved ones, (or anyone else) REALLY don't care if you have a clip-in topper or whatever - it's ONLY hair!! 

Moe

• kellisue7

• Posts 346
    • kellisue7 is not online. Last active: 01-17-2019, 8:11 PM
    • Connect
    you are so right moesl, my daughter loved my system so much she says shes jealous! my hubby is so happy for me too.if they love you they wont care.

thank you HD

• moesl

• Posts 22
    • moesl is not online. Last active: 09-26-2018, 3:26 PM
    • Connect
    Kellisue7 - we are in TOTAL agreement!!!  Great is hair is nice but the love of family, no matter what, is what counts in life!!  Cheers to you!!  Moesl

Moe

• Bibianne

• Posts 273
    • Bibianne is not online. Last active: 07-29-2018, 8:06 AM
    • Connect
    of course they love me despite my hair but it is a problem for ME to show without. when I detach I always wear a scarf or cap.
  • cleo

• Posts 7
    • cleo is not online. Last active: 07-28-2015, 4:08 PM
    • Connect

God,grant me the grace to accept the things I cannot change.

Give me courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference.

If it is you, then you must change the way You feel, for the sake of your husband and children, for this way that you feel affects their quality of life as well. Good luck to you.I wish you well.

• BamaGirl

• Posts 6
    • BamaGirl is not online. Last active: 05-12-2013, 10:22 AM
    • Connect
    I have been experiencing gradual thinning on the top of my head for about the last 17 years and it is finally to a point that I really want to do something. I hate having my picture taken because of it...hate looking in the mirror...so I feel like now is the time to do something. Just this week I had a consultation at a local salon regarding a hair replacement system. We discussed bonding vs. clip on topper. Bonding was definitely beyond what I would be able to afford because of how often you would need to get a new system. Also, after reading a lot of peoples comments in the HD forums I think from a practical standpoint the clip on would be better for me. While my hair is very thing and you can definitely see my scalp, I don't have large bald spots and just don't think I'm ready to take the step of shaving the top of my head. In my consultation we looked at the India Hemmy hair and European hair. I definitely like the European much better and was quoted a price of $1600. For those of you that have worn the clip on toppers, what has been your source for the topper? I don't even know where to begin apart from this one salon that does the hair replacement systems. I appreciate any advice! Thanks!
  • VickieD

• Posts 193
    • VickieD is not online. Last active: 11-02-2018, 11:50 AM
    • Connect

Hi BamaGirl,

I bought my topper from a local salon.  It was 12 inch human hair (chinese I think) and I paid $650 for it.  I have never priced European hair, so I don't know if $1600 is out of bounds or not.  I am sure it depends on the length, size, virgin or not, etc...  Let us know how your search goes.  Good luck!!

Vickie

• HD-Susan

• USA
    • Posts 3,886
    • HD-Susan is not online. Last active: 01-02-2019, 3:01 PM
    • Connect

Hi BamaGirl-

VickieD is correct. Hair costs vary widely so you need to know what you are purchasing. If the hair is virgin European (meaning not processed in ANY way like decuticlizing, coloring, perming, straightening, etc) $1600 is not a terrible price. However, if it is processed in any way (Remy hair or not), that is a very overpriced hair system. Most salons don't sell true virgin hair. Usually their hairpieces are priced very high to cover their overhead and free consultation time. 

In my opinion, processed European hair is much like any other form of processed hair. It wears and ages quite similarly so there's no reason to pay the extra money for it. Virgin hair is beautiful and can be worth the money if it's in your budget.

We do sell custom clip-on toppers here at HD for a much lower price than you are being offered at the salon, but we do not sell virgin or processed European hair.

Hope that helps a little!

Susan • Sr. Content Developer and hair wearer

• BamaGirl

• Posts 6
    • Connect
    HD-Susan, I haven't been able to find the clip on the HD site. I guess I am blind. :) Do you have recommendations on what to choose from on your site?  Thanks for the input on virgin vs. processed. I'm not sure what it was that was quoted to me. I'll have to ask more questions. i greatly appreciate the input since I'm so very new to this and have new clue as to where to look for a high quality product, but without getting ripped off with the price. $1600 is a lot of money for me so if I could get something at a much better price I certainly would prefer to do that.
  • HD-Susan

• USA
    • Posts 3,886
    • HD-Susan is not online. Last active: 01-02-2019, 3:01 PM
    • Connect

Hi BamaGirl-

You're right, I don't think they are on the site, but we certainly do make them. They are custom as well as our bonded systems. Give us a call and a hair tech will be able to help you find the base configuration with clips that is right for you.

Susan • Sr. Content Developer and hair wearer

• BamaGirl

• Posts 6
    • Connect
    Thanks HD-Susan. I will try to call and talk to a hair tech tomorrow evening.
  • chrisforhair

• United States
    • Posts 98
    • chrisforhair is not online. Last active: 11-13-2017, 3:36 PM
    • Connect

One thing no one is talking about is that bonding a topper on over time causes permanent hair loss. So those of you that are bonding just for convenience are giving yourselves a life sentence. As a professional I will only bond on those clients that have lost over 98% of their hair and there is no chance it will grow back. Sometimes we don't realize that short term gratification leads to long term misery. Think about what would happen if you developed an allergy to the bonding adhesive, which does happen, after you have lost ALL your hair because you have been bonding...

Clips also can cause hair loss, but only in the clipped area and as one person mentioned moving the clips frequently can prevent this. There are also other ways to secure toppers safely. No, you can't do everything you would with your natural hair but at least you can help preserve what you have left until a better solution comes along.

www.chrisforhair.com

• VickieD

• Posts 193
    • VickieD is not online. Last active: 11-02-2018, 11:50 AM
    • Connect

Chrisforhair,

It's good to hear some other perspectives - especially from professionals. Clip on units are great! Just because that solution wasn't for me doesn't mean it isn't for someone else. I applaud everyone who finds the solution for them.   I ask that you not judge me because I found a solution that works for me. I don't bond for convenience, nor do I think of it as short term gratification leading to long term misery. I don't have any illusions of preserving what I have left.  My biological hair wasn't worth preserving in the first place.  Bonding IS my better solution.  And I feel so much better for it.

Vickie

• maray

• Posts 1
    • maray is not online. Last active: 03-07-2013, 8:08 PM
    • Connect
    Other than clips and shaving, how else would you bond?  I too have thinning hair, but no bald spots.  I am not at the point where I feel comfortable shaving my head.  I want to keep my hair, I just don't want to see my scalp.
  • cleo

• Posts 7
    • cleo is not online. Last active: 07-28-2015, 4:08 PM
    • Connect

Hi,

I would think the only other solution is to try a sew in. You have a salon braid your hair and then hair is sewn in to it. It needs to be redone every 4-6 weeks approximately. Other than that your only other option would be a full wig.

Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML