Sort this thread: Rate this post:
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Reply to this thread
  • joebell

Super Tape is Here!

• Posts 545
    • joebell is not online. Last active: Dec 02, 2017, 11:23 AM
    • Connect

I just found out that Super Tape is now available through the HD store.  I know there has been a lot of positive talk about that tape, so I know I am going to give it a try when I place my next order!

Joe

• Peet

Re: Super Tape is Here!

• Posts 159
    • Peet is not online. Last active: 08-20-2013, 1:32 AM
    • Connect
    I’ve started using Supertape last Sunday. After a week and a half’s wear the bonding is still great and I have no lift at the front hairline. Feels like it will hold out for another week and a half. It really is the best bonding method on the market, much better than anything I’ve been using in more than two decades. Thanks Babe for introducing it to us!
  • joebell

• Posts 545
    • joebell is not online. Last active: Dec 02, 2017, 11:23 AM
    • Connect
    I know not many people use Max Adhesive, but I am going to try Super Tape in conjunction with the Max Ahdesive.  If I can get 3 good weeks out of the tape on my lace, I know the Max will do at least the same on the C-Thru portion of the base.     
  • Babe with a Mane

• Philly Girl
    • Posts 1,033
    • Babe with a Mane is not online. Last active: 06-16-2010, 4:13 PM
    • Connect

Peet...I'm SOOOO glad it's working for you!  I find it to be amazing and I sure hope that everyone who tries it is as happy as I am!  Of course, I know that there is no such thing as a 100% rate of perfectly satisfied consumers, but I bet we could get pretty close with Supertape.

Babe

Not born with hair, but I've got
    the intelligence to find it,
    the money to pay for it,
    the patience to "stick" it on just right,
    the will to make it work,
    the confidence to wear it boldly
    and the smile to wear under it!

• DustyAZ

• Arizona
    • Posts 469
    • DustyAZ is not online. Last active: 04-01-2011, 12:30 PM
    • Connect
    Do you think that supertape will eventually come as an option for the disposables?  That would be a great choice, from what it sounds like.

Dusty
    ---
    "Uh, oh - Is my hair on backwards??"

• hairlady

• Posts 666
    • hairlady is not online. Last active: 02-28-2019, 9:13 AM
    • Connect

Dusty,

I'm on the run here but I think I read somewhere on this board that there is someone who orders the disposables without any tape and then puts the SuperTape on the unit when it arrives. 

Anyone recall that thread and where it might be hiding?  Also, any Hair Techs out there remember something like this?

Hairlady™

Beauty is not about what's ON your head, but what's IN it.

Semper hair

• HD-Brandon

• Harrisburg, PA
    • Posts 652
    • HD-Brandon is not online. Last active: Aug 01, 2013, 10:21 AM
    • Connect

Hi Dusty

We just had a discussion this morning about including Supertape as an option for our disposable hair systems. So, yes, I believe this will be available soon.

The Bills are both heading out to our factory in about a week and I'm sure this will be one of the many points covered.

So more to come on this topic later. Hope this helps!

HD Marketing Guy... Please buy hair from us. :-)
    brandon@hairdirect.com

• Matsukia

• Posts 3
    • Matsukia is not online. Last active: 03-15-2010, 2:48 AM
    • Connect
    joebell:

I just found out that Super Tape is now available through the HD store.  I know there has been a lot of positive talk about that tape, so I know I am going to give it a try when I place my next order!

Joe

• Random Guy

• San Francisco, California
    • Posts 221
    • Random Guy is not online. Last active: 12-22-2017, 1:42 PM
    • Connect

I just tried Super Tape this weekend and, let me tell you, it is absolutely wonderful.  This stuff is the real deal and the answer to a lot of our prayers.  It holds real well up-front and eliminates the sticky mess that glue produces.

I'm real pleased to hear that Super-Tape will be added to the "disposables," and can't wait for that to happen!

• Peakbagger Pete

• Australia
    • Posts 768
    • Peakbagger Pete is not online. Last active: 03-02-2012, 5:41 AM
    • Connect
    i find a certain post here very entertaining

If its HairDirect it looks good.

• hairlady

• Posts 666
    • hairlady is not online. Last active: 02-28-2019, 9:13 AM
    • Connect

Pete:  Stick out tongueWink

Love ya...

HL

Hairlady™

Beauty is not about what's ON your head, but what's IN it.

Semper hair

• jojofree

• Palm Coast, Florida
    • Posts 34
    • jojofree is not online. Last active: 01-19-2019, 3:57 PM
    • Connect
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and the new Super Tape by Walker.  I have been using the red tape, blue tabs and a Walker adhesive to hold my system in place.  I have hair underneath the system which is the problem, and am losing hair under the adhesive due to this.  Even though my hair is baby fine and extremely thin, I want to keep as much as I can.  Would switching to the new Super Tape and not using the adhesive help to save what hair I have, plus keeping the system on my head for extended wear?  Or am I doomed to lose even more hair where the tapes or adhesives are?  I guess I want it all:  beautiful hair that stays in place, and to be able to take the system off without tears.   Thanks so much for all your notes....they're so helpful,   JoJo Free
  • Peakbagger Pete

• Australia
    • Posts 768
    • Peakbagger Pete is not online. Last active: 03-02-2012, 5:41 AM
    • Connect

Ive always shaved the area even if theres a little bit of hair in the area. The reason is because it will give a firmer better bond. Ive never liked the idea of bonding onto hair. Mainly when my old studio reattached my hair they shaved the hair where the glue went but left about 1mm. After a while when the hair grew the bond against the skin loosened and it was still attached to the hair. If you didnt change your piece in less than 3weeks u could feel that the hair piece was attached to the hair, not nice when u feel it slip on your head.

I know ive had the same thoughts, why take away perfectly good hair even if its so so thin, i choose to shave it off. 

If its HairDirect it looks good.

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML